July 14th Burleson Class - Journal

Discussion in 'Millis' started by josepholson, Jun 8, 2014.

1. traveljunkie94

traveljunkie94 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Very nice work! Keep us posted on your progress out on the road.

I will hopefully be training to be a truck driver in June of next year!

josepholson Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. josepholson

josepholson Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Tyler, Texas
    Thank you. For now I'm on standby. I've yet to hear from my trainer and I'm unsure of who I would call. Hopefully it won't be long. I got bills to pay.

4. Rotorzilla

Rotorzilla Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2014
    wow your still not in a truck? I would have thought that as part of MTI they would have trainers locked on for each student before their class ended.

josepholson Thanks this.
  5. josepholson

Jun 8, 2014
    Tyler, Texas
    Yeppers. Still not on the road.i was finally given a trainer but we are having a hard time getting him through Texas to get me. Its not his fault. He can only go where dispatch sends him. Since he was assigned to me hes been from conneticut to new york to Illinois to Iowa and next to St. Louis. Hopefully he will come through Texas next week. It does make me wonder how they will get me home for home time, if it takes so long to do this. Im kinda anxious because i haven't had a paycheck in a few months now and im skipping some bills. But hopefully it won't be long now.

6. josepholson

Jun 8, 2014
    Tyler, Texas
    This morning i am sitting at the Texas Best Smokehouse truck stop on I20 awaiting my trainer to pick me up. Im finally getting out on road. It took 21 days between graduation and leaving home. One other guy from my class is getting picked up today also. And another student was picked up last week. So new students should be aware that it may take a bit to get a trainer. Its dependant on a lot of things. There are a lot of moving parts to consider. Its not your trainers fault, they come when they can. But it is something to consider when your making plans. Its a necessary evil to get a great job. Im waiting and excited to get going. Saying goodbye to my wife was heartbreaking. She was holding back tears. She has been so supportive and loving. I have so much respect for her. Being a truckers wife takes a special kind of woman. Wish me luck on the long and winding road. Thanks everyone who followed and contributed to my thread. Ive made some great friends already and when it comes down to it, we are one big family.

7. Rotorzilla

Rotorzilla Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2014
    good luck man!!! good to hear your getting out on the road. Let us know how your doing out there.

josepholson Thanks this.
  8. Vapor8

Vapor8 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Dallas
    Been out on the road all week driving with Patrick. Having a blast. Got him to read your blog today.

josepholson Thanks this.
  9. josepholson

Jun 8, 2014
    Tyler, Texas
    Patricks a cool dude. He would make a good trainer. Hope he liked my blog. :) finished up my first day. I drove all the way to Cartersville. 674 miles. 20 minutes left on my clock. A darn good first day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.