just a question about there lease program ?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tangerineGT, Dec 7, 2013.

1. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Not that I am thinking about this yet , but I know they try to push as soon as ur here for three months .
    So any inside u guys have , like I said I am just woundering at this point , so I know weather to tell them no right from the gate or not
    Cause I know as soon as someone reads this they are gonna be like
    "That's the last thing u need to worry about " and I am not, just fishing is all .....

Thanks in advance guys and gals !!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Personally... My view, if you are solo, unless you are 1) going to train or 2) live in the truck... Don't lease... Just my opinion :)

4. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    Save your money and buy your own truck.

tangerineGT and jomar68 Thank this.
  5. "Hang - Man"

"Hang - Man" Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Do what they said above --go read the threads on these leases. I dont see anyone making any more money than you have the opportunity to make as a company driver.
    Ladyk and her husband have a good thread on leasing --i assume they are still in one or not --but take note there are 2 of them in the same truck driving together = much more work or profit to the truck.

jomar68 and Lady K Thank this.
  6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

[QUOTE="Hang - Man";3701190]Do what they said above --go read the threads on these leases. I dont see anyone making any more money than you have the opportunity to make as a company driver.
    Ladyk and her husband have a good thread on leasing --i assume they are still in one or not --but take note there are 2 of them in the same truck driving together = much more work or profit to the truck.[/QUOTE]We're still running... And in the lease... It's due to be up in May... Looking to buy the truck when it's up... But God laughs when we plan :)

zmpart Thanks this.
  7. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Good for you, i read your thread when i wasn't a member on the forum so i wasn't subscribed to it - but would like to continue reading it (if you are still posting on there) but need a reminder on the thread name.
    FYI: Great read and am glad you 2 are still going strong.

8. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Awsome guys , thanks !! Yea I don't want to train, so company I will stay . That way whenn they ask I can tell them no right from the door ..

9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    "Hang - Man" Thanks this.
  10. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Going to find out where i left off -Thanks and keep up the good work.

tangerineGT Thanks this.
  11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I was reading this and I can not figure out why a solo there can not make it. You are paid there more than we are here, at least that is what your web site says. My total truck payment here, $702/wk, and that includes pre pass, I-pass, OK and KS pass. My only real expenses, fuel and my savings escrow. Now I am not sure if you are forced to put money into a escrow. We are not. I can say that we have many drivers that are solo, and doing quite well. Yes, we have those that do not have a clue. I only average about 2800/wk, and quite happy with that. After all expenses, pre taxes and medical, net home, $1400/wk. Oh, we also only get FSC on loaded miles, so many of us, we see more than 10%, we refuse, unless there is a whole lot of miles on the backside.

unloader Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.