just a question about there lease program ?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tangerineGT, Dec 7, 2013.

1. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Maybe I will wait till u guys fully take over , before I lease then ... hahaha

Swift baught us , well they have alway owned central , but now its public ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I think that you guys are getting more info than we are. One thing that I would like to see, raise our pay to what yours is. I have heard that some of the dispatching has been integrated, but not real sure about that. One thing that I noticed on your web site regarding leasing, it shows trucks, new and used, and when looking at the trucks, all that they are showing are used, 2010, 2011. Are you also using IEL.

4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Old pictures... I'm sure there are new trucks available, as well as 'used' trucks (personally IF you are going to lease, lease a new truck. You can't tell how the used has been ran or maintained no matter what documentation there is)... Not sure what IEL is... But then I haven't had my coffee/tea yet...

5. Aimstraight

Aimstraight Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Central CA
    Just a note to the OP. I'm just past my sixth month as a company driver for Central. I have yet to be pushed or pressured into a lease. I get Qualcomm messages about the lease program which I just delete. But I hardly consider that pressure. I'm not being mile starved or sensing any other repercussions from my DM or management for choosing to stay company. So in my experience there is no pressure here to lease.

I agree with the previous poster who said that the only reason to lease is if you plan on becoming a trainer. It might also make sense if you team with a significant other. But if you plan on staying solo -- stay company. Yes, I know there are solo lease ops who are doing well. I talk with a couple of them pretty much daily. But I see just as many if not more turning in their trucks because they aren't making it.

Either way you go good luck and stay safe. And stay warm too. Jeez, I haven't seen a temperature above 20 for over a week now!

tangerineGT Thanks this.
  6. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Yea I don't want to train or team , so I am just gonna stay company driver.. a lot less headaches !!! Lol
    I am trying to stay warm as well its a little hard to do though , a week ago was a different story . I was down in texas and i was wearing shorts and a t-shirt ... hahaha

Stay safe !!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.