Just bought 2 k40 6000 Watts!

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TruckerPete1990, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Danger07

Danger07 Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    The pot for the warning light is vr6 i believe you want yo turn it counter-clockwise

TruckerPete1990 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danger07

Danger07 Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Hope thatll help. I had to do the same thing after getting my amp

TruckerPete1990 Thanks this.
  4. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Cb shop couldn't get em to tune. Took em bk using my 5 1/2 foot fibers on.

5. Xcis

Xcis Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Bridgeport, Pa
    The wattage listed on the antenna package refers to how many watts of power the antenna can handle as input.
    .If your radio puts out 4 watts of power, the antenna will output approximately 4 watts of power. The "techies" will nitpick and say the 4 watts of output from the radio will mean the output from the antenna will slightly, very slightly be reduced to below 4 watts. Okay, not everything is 100% efficent. There will be a very slight percentage loss of power in the real world; but, for all practical purposes 4 watts output from the radio is 4 watts output from the antenna.
    In simple practical terms: what you input to the antenna is what you get out. There ain't no way you input 4 watts to the antenna and the antenna ouput is more than 4 watts. Never going to happen.

6. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Most likely, those 5.5' helically wound fiberglass antennas put out a better signal anyway...

7. azandy

azandy Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Green Bay, WI
    I recently installed one K40 on my four wheeler. Light on the radio was red. SWR maxxed. I tried to tune it a little and nothing. After digging around, I find the factory end on the coax is messed up and a direct short. I cut it off and solder a new one on. It does work now but not real well. I need to bring the whole set up to a cb shop and have a pro look at it. Not much here though in the Green Bay area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.