Just called on a load..

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by windsmith, May 29, 2012.

1. Support81

Support81 Light Load Member

May 14, 2012
    Boston
    Ya tolls in Boston are like .75 cents....maybe $2.00

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    There are also many large company's that pay O/O's and their LP drivers mileage, empty and loaded and will do what ever it takes to cover the cost of moving the truck.

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Good, today at 5:30pm I see a lot of loads posted at $4-$6 / mile that aren't getting moved. Guess that means that the brokers that thought they could lowball the loads are getting bitten in the rear.

vangtransport Thanks this.
  5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

Well said!

Higgy and vangtransport Thank this.
  6. Higgy

Higgy Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Akron, OH
    Hey, that's NOT nice...MR. !!! No O/O is an idiot for not wasting time and money waiting for days to get the supposed BIG $$$ load that might not even materialise. So, knock it off and be nice!:biggrin_25513:

7. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    Stop going places you have to eat a crap sandwich to get away from. Doesn't take long to figure out where you can't get good paying loads from.

8. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I live around 90 miles from Boston depending on the route, but I pull a flat. I check all rates in this area and there are allot of people loading for that even on a flat. The sad part is, freight pays better than that from here, but if the person on the phone says that it doesn't, people aren't smart enough to either leave empty or call another load. Look up Shap, he/she moves trash/recyclables out of CT & MA for $.90/mile sometimes. I know that stuff out of CT pays close to $2. So to answer your question, NOT THE SMART ONES!!!

9. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    I love when they call with a "hot load" that doesn't pay crap. Call me back we. It gets hotter and the rate goes up! Lol

10. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    That's exactly what you got to do, wait it out. In this area Thursday is one of the best days to get a load, especially after hours.

11. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Nope, they're only doing as told by the customer. Broker gets their percentage regardless and even if these 4-6$ loads normally move at $2 doesn't necessarily mean they are always pocketing a 2-4$ difference either. You should be able to see from this why it is better and really cost a person nothing to be willing to lose a day waiting. Impatience will break the bank and have you moving for whatever .

Mommas_money_maker and windsmith Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.