Just curious about the hiring process

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Paul328, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Syd'sTrucking

Syd'sTrucking Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Do your year there and move on. There's better opportunities once you have your CDL and a year under your belt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Paul328

Paul328 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    They never called back, recruiter never said why and didn't even bother following up, even with experience I will get with the company I did get hired by I won't go with them in the future. If I don't even merit a phone call why would I think they would care?

CrazyPATrucker Thanks this.
  4. CrazyPATrucker

CrazyPATrucker Bobtail Member

May 16, 2016
    I have a similar experience. The first five days went smooth, emails and phone calls were happening and things seemed to be getting done. I went away for about five days (still had my cell phone), and suddenly everything stopped. I obtained my permit when I came back home and let them know as much. I have left multiple voice-mails now with the recruiter, and nothing. No call back, no email response. Nothing. I am betting they have a huge influx of applicants such as ourselves and just don't need that many people at the moment. I've written them off at this point as well.

5. Paul328

Paul328 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    I've had a solid work history, no major traffic violations in 25 years, no DUI/DWI ever, no criminal record, already got my CDL permit and told them I WANTED to stay out on the road. Nothing, got told "I forwarded your packet to the review board" then nothing.

6. Hoot67

Hoot67 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Columbia, SC
    I'll have CDL in hand when I go to orientation, so this may be a different situation from yours, but did y'all get to the point of signing the contract, then they dropped you? They have done my background, MVR, etc and set a date for orientation, and sent me the contract to review and sign. I don't want to do that and then have nothing happen.

7. Hoot67

Hoot67 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Columbia, SC
    @Scott72 Are you with Roehl? Or am I misremembering? If you are, can you answer my above Q? Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.