Just finished training with Werner

Discussion in 'Werner' started by X-Country, Mar 27, 2014.

1. X-Country

X-Country Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2014
    why? that makes no sense.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickJP

RickJP Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2014
    Boca Raton, FL
    I believe it's because the sign on bonus is limited to the coach fleet regional route and it's not available to the dedicated routes. Then again, I've not asked if the dedicated routes have a sign on bonus.

There are also some family issues I need to keep in mind for which the regional route may be a better choice. I can't decide until after training and see how that slot plays out.

4. X-Country

Mar 27, 2014
    and it only took 11 months but i finally got hit by the big blue screw.

got slapped with a preventable that I was never even involved in!!! wow wtf?

trying to appeal but i got to write everything out and mail it to Omaha. what a crock.

a consignee is alleging i hit a truck with my trailer and has offered absolutely no proof whatsoever. safety sided with them. unbelievable. im madder than an old red hen right now.

wanttotruck Thanks this.
  5. RickJP

RickJP Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2014
    Boca Raton, FL
    X-Country, take it from the former legal professional, consult an attorney. I will let the chips fall where they may. Send me a PM if you want more info.

wanttotruck and X-Country Thank this.
  6. RickJPII

RickJPII Light Load Member

7. RickJPII

Did this work out in your favor??

8. X-Country

Mar 27, 2014
    my last moth at Werner. got offered $60k a year elsewhere walking in the door. the good thing is I know the offer is true because I have 4 friends there making the same or more with equivalent experience.
    i will send you one tomorrow if I dont forget lol.

thanks!

wanttotruck Thanks this.
  9. wanttotruck

wanttotruck Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2014
    DFW
    Wow. Glad to hear you found greener pastures. I got charged with a backing accident that has very suspicious circumstances.I got stuck in mud and 2 weeks later I get a call saying I broke a septic line. Either the line wasn't built to code or it was already leaking. Plus I would have noticed extra liquid in the mud or at least smelled it.

They did offer me a day cab job though. I'm still livid that I now have an accident on my driving record.

X-Country Thanks this.
  10. X-Country

Mar 27, 2014
    Things worked out to where I was able to leave yesterday. I am done with Werner.

I doubt I will ever return either. However, I left on good terms and gave adequate notice so if I ever do need a job, the door is open. That said, I am not gonna put myself in that position to where I would need to.

This company has entirely too much of a negative presence.

I'm fortunate to have had a pretty good (but not perfect) trainer, and a 2 fleet managers that actually treated me like a human being and showed they cared.

I cant say the same for the Safety Department or the employee relations departent. Just treat you like crap and accuse you of things, threaten you, and put lies on your DAC report.

Fortunately, the company I am going to is familiar with Werners history and track record and is pretty much taking them with a grain of salt. The new company isnt even counting two of my preventables against me. nice.

Werners equipment...i dont even know where to begin. The trailers are hit or miss. Some are good, many are in bad condition.

The trucks...just expect breakdowns every other week at minimum. Almost everything in their fleet is total garbage or old and outdated.

If you want to work for this company, i dont advise over the road as a solo driver. either do a dedicated route or be a trainer. only way you will financially survive here.

cant make any serious money as a solo otr driver or as a team driver.

if you are stuck here as a starting point. do your year and get the hell out.

The drivers attitudes suck. The office people dont care about you, you're just a number, another body in a seat. Safety doesnt care if you had an accident or not. burden of proof is on YOU to prove you didnt otherwise they just put you on probation and throw it on your DAC report. They dont need evidence or witnesses or video footage, just someone elses say so that you did it.

I am just relieved its over now and this company no longer dictates anything to me.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    RickJPII Thanks this.
  11. RickJPII

I'm trying very hard to get an OTR tanker job that Schneider has out of Houston. Let's see what happens with that. But, if that falls through, I may have to suck it up and go with Werner.

Ok, so which company are you with now??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.