Just got approved at TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by P3anu7, Jan 3, 2009.

1. superman91684

superman91684 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Boston, MA
    so, after reading all the posts, just a quick question. does TMC not hire you if u've had surgery?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    I believe that certain surgeries are a problem. I had hernia surgery when I was 7 days old and that was fine. TMC sent Terry Lamar home from orientation in order to get hernia surgery, and when he was healed they welcomed him back. It is just something else to clear with the recruiter during the application process.

4. superman91684

Jan 25, 2009
    Boston, MA
    im just curious because i've had surgery on both my knees, blew them out playing soccer, but they r both repaired and i am back to dirving and loading and unloading my own trailer, and i'd rahter not get into something just o be let go...

5. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Day 8 in the books.
    Today we started the behind the wheel portion of orientation. At this point we have 18 of 29 students left. We broke down into groups to do yard maneuvers, road driving and more yard maneuvers. Started at 630am and finished at 8pm. Did well today and I'm looking forward to getting out of here. Long day and I'm glad it's over, I think I have at least one more long day coming up.

Superman I wouldn't bother, a couple of the guys who got sent home the first day were sent home for things their recruiters KNEW about. Whats worse is that they were left to find their own ride home.

6. superman91684

Jan 25, 2009
    Boston, MA
    so it's not even worth it huh? figured i'd be good, cause im young, but i guess i'll just look elsewhere, anyone have any ideas???

7. P3anu7

P3anu7 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Trinity, AL
    All I can tell you is that one of the guys that got sent home day one was about 26. He

said that he had knee surgery performed about 2 years earlier and looked perfectly

healthy to me. If you do decide to go see your doc first. Get something from him

stating your are in perfect health and have no work restrictions. I don't have any

work restrictions and never have. I don't know if that would have helped me. It

certainly couldn't hurt to have though.

8. BabyMaker

BabyMaker Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Inwood, WV
    Seems like a few weeks ago TMC was one of the good guys....I guess now they can be put in the ranks of Stevens, Werner, CLE, etc. It's getting more and more clearer that all Companies suck......just my opinion!

9. P3anu7

P3anu7 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Trinity, AL
    I want to say I hope you all keep it safe out there. I am not going to be posting

about any of this anymore until I get my situation resolved. I do hope that all this will

help somebody out there. I haven't been out of a job in over 16 years and I can't

stand it!! I have been advised not to seek employment with any company that uses

usis (dac) services until this gets resolved. I guess I'll go flip burgers or something

because I'm not qualified to do anything except drive a truck. I take a lot of pride

in being a very safe, efficient and professional driver and can't wait to get back to it!!

10. chevy_338

chevy_338 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2009
    maplewood, mn
    well i hope every ting will go good for you there a i am kinda mad at TMC my self i put in an app they did not process it for two weeks then thay told me that i was to far north to get hired there and when i asked they told my i was only 2 miles to far north but good luck

11. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Day 9 in the books.
    Today we did more yard maneuvers, simulator testing and more road driving. It was a pretty simple day with pretty much everyone showing improvement on their day 1 scores which seems to be the main criteria to advance through the school. Tomorrow we do more yard maneuvers, more road driving and drop and hooks. 3 more days and I'm homeward bound.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.