just got my hr...syncro

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by pommie, Sep 22, 2013.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    When i went for my MC or Road Train back in 2004 i of course had to use a driving school the advantage is you don't need to go to the RTA just call the driving school as long as you have a HC and they indorse it for you after you've passed there course back then it cost me around $900 i had to do a couple of lessons but like you said you just follow the instructors directions just to keep him happy so that he'll approve you then you just go back to you own style although there were a pointers he gave me that i though were good enough to copy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kaygirl

kaygirl Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Western Australia
    i almlost got in for a telecommunications tech traineeship. got thru to the last round of selections and missed out by >< this much :(

4. pommie

pommie Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2013
    nsw/vic
    i think about the instructors directions next time if i manage to do my hc, if i get work would be gd ..lol...

i truelly wish i had done my test years ago when i first thought about it

5. pommie

pommie Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2013
    nsw/vic
    i also thinking if to go tafe and get a certificate for the work ive done for many of years as an industrial cleaner,i may call them on monday and see what can be done ..

6. kaygirl

Oct 14, 2013
    Western Australia
    yeah, i wish i'd done it when i first thought about it 25 odd years ago, too. the only thing to do is keep putting ourselves out there. i've met a lady who's lived here all her life (i only moved here about 6 weeks ago, so can't even take advantage of the thing of it being who you know rather than what you know, cos i don't know anyone) and she's gonna put out some feelers for me to the local farmers to see if she can get me anything. even driving a hay baler or something would be better than what i'm doing right now, which is pretty much nothing.

7. pommie

pommie Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2013
    nsw/vic
    id have been about the same age when i wished i had gone for my licence but grr lol ..Ive asked around again like you but just to get out the current job im doing as the money is none reliable that's taxi driving. i need to be get a set wage each week, i haven't driven any farm machinery or anything like that at all lol
    i know they aren't hard like driving a car, keep ya chin up just have to be positive i suppose thats easier said than done at times lol

8. pommie

pommie Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2013
    nsw/vic
    we will get there eventually may be a urdle well mountain to climb lol but we'll get there

9. kaygirl

Oct 14, 2013
    Western Australia
    ugh! so i went and saw an employer who advertised for a driver and i don't think he is gonna even let me try. he seems to think i won't be able to put the roo bar down and up again to do the 'a' service each week. ok, so i'm only 5'2", but that doesn't mean i'm not capable of anything. and even if i couldn't lift the roo bar on my own, would it be so terrible if i had to get one of the guys to help me for 2 minutes a week??

10. pommie

pommie Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2013
    nsw/vic
    all i suggest is there is well look here i am heres the truck let me have a go while your here , least then he cant say hes not seen you try.

and not even giving you a chance by trying .

and like you say also one of the guys can give you a hand...
    but on the negative side tho kay he could be thinking if your out driving and you need to get the hood down and you cant ..
    hopefully that not happen

11. pommie

pommie Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2013
    nsw/vic
    hey i called a place in melbourne after many hours searching for training and driver training .. so i put a search in for goverment funded training ..
    anyway i called this place in melbourn they will upgrade me from syncro to none syncro...

best thing about it its about 20 mins away from my bro inlaw....

this is the place...........
    To enquire directly about any of the courses or services we offer,
    contact a KOOPS Consultant by emailing info@koopstes.com.au or calling 1300 KOOPS 1

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.