just got my hr...syncro

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by pommie, Sep 22, 2013.

1. kaygirl

kaygirl Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Western Australia
    sounds good pommie, specially cos accommodation won't be a problem being so close to your BIL :D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pommie

pommie Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2013
    nsw/vic
    yeah deffo im sorting stuff out well trying to lol with my bro n law, and that will be different driving near Melbourne as opposed to where i am lol

4. kaygirl

kaygirl Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Western Australia
    it'll be good experience. hopefully you won't have to deal with any tram lines, tho. it's just too weird having to sit over in the left lane to turn right.

5. pommie

pommie Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2013
    nsw/vic
    yes i hope so kay.yeah dont like the trams same as back in the uk but far more trams here tho lol ..and that going over to the left hand side to turn right is so god #### messed up... the person who invented that needs to be shot lol 1st time i experienced that i was like wth lol

6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Congrats man!

pommie Thanks this.
  7. pommie

pommie Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2013
    nsw/vic
    thanks iron also free more to the point lol

8. FCCOOL

FCCOOL Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I am in a good area, depots in walking distance etc, I have had my HR since August and passed in a road ranger so its open, I am 38, ive been trying flat out with no luck by applying online, sending off emails and resumes etc but I am also currently employed fulltime so I dont get the opportunity to walk in on foot and hand in my resume, I also donmt get any sort of assistance from agencies.
    even out here it is very rare a job will be advertised with less than 2 years exp, when one does it asks for forklift or hiab exp.
    I have 3 years experience with a car carrier as a side hand doing casual night shifts. I have put up ads on gumtree offering to volunteer to do anything free after hours for experience
    . I have a family of 5 and my wife doesnt work so im not in a position to quit my current job as a car detailer.
    most jobs I have applied for I found on gumtree, but i also daily search seek and my career. ive also registered with 1800 drivers and some big companies like Australia post. http://auspost.com.au/about-us/jobs-at-australia-post.html

9. hcmick

hcmick Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2014
    canberra
    pommie im only new on here but not on road lol still trying to find the end of that bloody line in the middle of the road the best bet is to try for a carrier that has a variety of equip if your not to far from mildura i might be able to help you out we operate there regularly hauling fridges for fruit and meat will start iin hr but fast move to hc most will be volvo fh16 auto shifts but in the begining it will be a 18spd roadranger to get used to the feel as autoshift is a scary trap for new drivers
    most important thing is attitude and ability in yourself on the road

10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    If your on the Working holiday visa which you can obtain to come to Australia or Canada i think between the ages of 18-32 you could also try some of the seasonal jobs like on the fruit and Veg trail or the harvest trail like in Nth Qld from June through to December alot of cane harvesting contractors will be looking at hiring, most are pretty flexible and will give a guy a go if you do well they will encourage you to come back next year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.