Just got started

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by CaliRaised, Dec 20, 2021.

1. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    Hello to all.

Just got started with a really good company out of Willard, OH, Dutch Maid Logistics. I have some background issues and a stale CDL that made it a little difficult finding a company willing to hire me. Well, Dutch Maid stepped up and gave me a shot. I live in Dallas, TX and I am from Southern California, originally. I am appreciative of the opportunity that I have with Dutch Maid, but I think after gaining a year of experience that it will be worthwhile for me to find a company that has a terminal closer to home than Dutch Maid and that has regular runs to the west coast.

So, @Chinatown suggestions on trucking companies that hire felons with a year of experience, have loads into and out of DFW, TX regularly, and run west coast lanes. I know that one company that comes to mind is May Trucking, but I have no doubt that there are others. May Trucking was willing to hire me, but they require trainees to pass a driving test before going out with a trainer. I didn't see myself doing well in that because I had not been anywhere near a truck for 18 months when applying with companies. Even though May Trucking is often viewed as a starter company, I wouldn't be opposed to going to work there. I am looking for suggestions so that I have as many options to consider as possible.

Boondock, austinmike and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Appy to the companies in DFW that fit what your looking for.Explain yourself straight up & let them tell you whether they will hire you or not. Don't tell yourself "no" when you haven't heard from them. Do your own research you will learn something along the way & stumble across something for yourself & others. All the best to you on your journey. Merry Christmas to you and your family & all the joy

Boondock, Rocks, austinmike and 3 others Thank this.
  4. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. Truthfully, I don't want to limit myself to only the companies located in DFW because there are quite a few companies that hire out of this area without actually being located here. I just don't know offhand all of the OTR companies that have running lanes between Texas and the west coast.

Just looking for suggestions to broaden my search beyond the 3 that I currently have in mind.

5. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    You can put your app on tenstreet & can catch most of those birds in one net. You state what you're looking for a they will come calling.

CaliRaised Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CaliRaised Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CaliRaised Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CaliRaised Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CaliRaised Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CaliRaised Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.