Just Milking It!

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 1badtruckdriver2c, Oct 6, 2020.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Or you could take 190 out of Brady all the way through Lampasas and Temple to Hearne and hit 6 down into CStation. Not a bad ride. Miss that cluster in Austin all together.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Keep your foot hard on the brake after stopping at a light on level ground.

Condensed has rocked me backwards 3 feet almost front ending the car behind me.

Slow and easy and accident avoidance begins with a turn of the wheel because if you slam on the brakes first than turn your in for a World of hurt.

Get your self a turbo fan from flying J to keep you half way cool while loading in the steamy dairies.

I usually unhooked and idled outside during the summer that way I could sleep without the heat and the noise

Almost all will let you unhook if you ask.

4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I would've told him the same thing, but he said he wanted the scenic route so I figured this way would let him see a lot more nature than just scooting across 190.

5. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    They love your ankles too.

I hung a couple flypaper strips under the dash and kept a bottle of windex within reach to spray their buts with.

It’s lethal to the fly without chemically intoxicating yourself.

Redtwin and RockinChair Thank this.
  6. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Will have to remember flypaper next time I'm at Walmart. I've got another persistent hitchhiker right now.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  7. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I had a Fly that Rode with me so long that his dot medcard expired.

Redtwin, RockinChair and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  8. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    20201017_101142.jpg

Just picked up one of these. I decided against regular flypaper as I could just see that stuff getting blown around and stuck everywhere it shouldn't.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  9. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Hope you like working weekends, and holidays, all of them

10. 1badtruckdriver2c

1badtruckdriver2c Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2020
    So!?
    Sorry for taking so long to get back and update.
    The drive out was nice took my time and didn't rush.

3 weeks entry level even though I had my CDL, but I couldn't have been happier with the WDT Trainers in Bryan Tx.

The school is on a old army air base along with the Texas A and M Rellis Campus. A beautiful campus and with the airfield training on the runways made get reacquainted with Double clutching and tanker training, non stressful and frankly a lot of fun. It is situate in the middle of Texas farm land and I had horses and cows watching me as I trained and practiced.

My team of instructors were nothing short of incredible, friendly, and patient. Not one of them ever lost their cool, yet, or made me feel like a boob as I had been treated by my instructors at school in Az 3 years ago.

Anthony, Mike and Corbin really are not only instructors but former drivers and take what can be a stressful intimidating experience into a wonderful fun learning joy. They are truly compassionate about making sure that they put the best drivers out on the road. It is most definitely a labor of love.

Week one was orientation, week two, getting reacquainted with driving, coupling and uncoupling, backing practice, etc...

Remember I had my CDL in hand already so some of my training was geared for what experience I already had in place.

New drivers with no CDL get more intense/extensive training, and the program is longer. If you have question feel free to ask.

As with my training by the middle of the second week some small road runs to evaluated any areas that might need to be focused on, and working on some backing skills and drills that where actually set up for a facility here in Az with some unique blindside backing. They set up a mockup of the facility for me to train on so that when I got to said facility I wasn't to overwhelmed with the experience.

More point is the trainers want the drivers to be geared for success and will go to any lengths to put out the best drivers and go the extra mile for them. ...to be con't ~D

tommymonza Thanks this.
  11. 1badtruckdriver2c

1badtruckdriver2c Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2020
    You know I suppose I could try and find negativity in anything about life, but I tend to accept my choices and change if they don't fit my goals, but, their ears not a lot of companies that really care about the people that work for them, but, WDT really seems to care. And, if I'm asked, I sure I can be flexible as I they have been with me.

They really seem to RESPECT their employees and I have already taken two surveys about my feelings thus far with them. And the surveys are how I feel about the company. They ask basically whether I intend on staying in a series of questions. So with that being said, even my terminal manager is so open to pretty near any schedule of my choosing. Granted local driving isn't over the road, but even as the noob, my team members are really NICE. My trainer strives for two main goals, A. To always be SAFE and AWARE and to drive professionally, and to have every tool I need to succeed.

All the members at my terminal are GREAT, funny, professionals that treat the new drivers as equals. In fact that treat, everyone as a professionals. Every the young men that keep the trucks cleaned and sanitized.

So, if they keep treating me with respect, I will certainly be there if we are in a crunch.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.