Just quit PAM..

Discussion in 'PAM' started by highirish, Feb 15, 2008.

1. thunder32

thunder32 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2008
    newton,il
    i work for pam for a year and a half, and for the one year that i was with the company i left them and not have been driving for TMC for over 5years and am making good money. i think someone needs to do something to get things chqnge at PAM. they run the trucks in to the ground. when i started wt that company the frist load after i left the house was a load fro chicago to NYC and then they left me out there for a week going around in NJ,CT,NYC. i called and complained and they gave me a load going south had to pay out over $300 in tolls. if you can find a better company do it and get away from PAM!!!!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. highirish

highirish Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Paducah, KY
    Been working for Crete for a 1.5 weeks now...love it. Getting back in the routine of driver a manual has been a process but the truck is good..the dispatching system here IS MUCH MORE driver friendly. The pay is GREAT. Left Friday morning and did a 4 stop load with Trane Units to Phoenix...754 dollars pre tax..not used to this kinda income potential..and still have the week to drive..

Big Duker Thanks this.
  4. dannyboy

dannyboy Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I hear ya! I hear that Crete is good.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  5. cjoe85

cjoe85 Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Irish, I'm glad to hear that things are going so good for you at Crete. Keep us updated.

6. boughtout

boughtout Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Livonia, MI
    On PAM's website it says that while training at DS, PAM pays you? Is this true? I find it hard to believe.

7. dannyboy

dannyboy Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Well, let me tell you. Be very careful that U understand all of the specifics! Too many people get into trucking without really educating themselves about the spec's. What U have to ask urself is; A) what are the DRIVERS of the company saying about THAT company and that will give u a clear indication of whether to apply to that company or not and B) is it good or bad? If bad, then run away!!! :biggrin_25525:

8. Gobi

Gobi Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Depends on how well you want to live your first year. Pam makes it's money hiring drivers straight out of school and paying them low wages. Think I made 26k my first year with them, even though I was literally never late for a pickup or delivery. I was gone 2-3 weeks at a time and home 2-3 days and still couldn't crack 30k. Down time was the key.

Just get your one year in so you have some experience under your belt then find something better. Seems like the decent money is in LTL these days. You will work harder and sometimes longer, but for the most part are home every night.

9. dannyboy

dannyboy Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    i worked for pam for 1 year and am glad i left, have not regretted it. that company stinks, truly!!! now, i know that someone out there will swear by them, but i ask u, how does ur dispatcher treat you besides lying? i will never ever work for pam again, will work for walmart before pam. go find out for yourself. and the secret is; i honestly think that Pam could care less how they treat their drivers. i wonder how someone stays with them for 10-20 yrs???

10. Dixieland Delight

Dixieland Delight Bobtail Member

May 27, 2009
    Seville, FL
    High Irish,

My husband works for Allen Frieght (a Pam Company) currently, and is working on getting his 6 months experience in, so he can go elsewhere. Just wondering how you liked Crete, compared to PAM? Like we have read before, he seems to get 1 good week a month and the others suck. He spends several days waiting to deliver somewhere and then waits hours and hours to get a new load, after he had to wait all weekend to deliver. A bunch of hurry up and wait! Just wanting to hear your advice and adventures since PAM? Thanks!

11. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    I see Penny A Mile hasn't changed since my husband unfortunately worked for them. As soon as he could he left them. It's hard to find a company that is worse than them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.