just sayin hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Irish trucker, Jan 11, 2009.

1. wayneplatek

wayneplatek Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2008
    chicago il
    Hi Irish, Things here are getting slower by the minute! But, we have a new leader being sworn in soon, hopefully, his administration will help turn our ship around. I know what you mean about the Brits. One glorious Sunday morning, following a "caelli"? ( party just for the sake of a party, I think), my friend from the North and I were looking out across the fields. Sun was coming up and two new friends from two separate parts of the world were celebrating/appreciating the moment and the beauty of life, I guess. When shattering the peace and quiet the helicopter flies over and hovers above a small farm about a half mile away. Ropes come down and then troops!!!! He explained that was fairly normal. Needless to say, the experience shattered the otherwise iconic morning scene of Ireland in the mist. I am a student these days. Attended CR England's driving school. Actually, failed the subsequent road test/backing tests.... must not be much of a driver, I wonder? Went on my own and passed a couple weeks later. However, still don't have my cdl. Perhaps trucking won't be for me? I've been a teacher, photographer, writer, manager and a million other things over the years but nothing has stuck. I enjoy change and travel and am currently sitting out the long frigid winter in Chicago. :biggrin_2551:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mrs T

Mrs T Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2008
    planet earth
    As someone who has seen bombings first hand, I'm not sure its appropriate to be discussing tourist-perspectives of the conflicts here.
    But on a different subject, i saw irish trucks today, ShannonTranpsort, running the A40 to hanger lane. Anything to do with you?!

4. wayneplatek

wayneplatek Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2008
    chicago il
    Perhaps, you're right, Mrs. T... and to answer your question, no.

5. Irish trucker

Irish trucker Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2009
    tipperary ireland
    spot on mrs t the past is the past & should be left there & i think 99% of people feel the same but there is always the 1%. seen my own share of the troubles & its bitterness that keept the whole thing going for so long. not me at hanger lane i have been at home for the last while but just got a job driving a digger at least its something how is things going with you ?

Mrs T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.