Just saying Hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Kozaturf, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Kozaturf

Kozaturf Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Westville, IN
    Thought I should just say hi, I've been lurking for a while and looking around, using the search function and such. I'm currently a student with Driveco so I'm just trying to get as much information from as many sources as possible as I start a new career. So far it seems that the most stressful part of this is trying to figure out what company to start with, I paid for school so I'm not tied to anyone when I finish. I'm working on having all of my endorsements and TWIC before I finish school so that I'm as marketable as possible. I'm finding that everyone that I know who does not drive seems to know the best companies to work for.:rolleyes:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Is your home in Gary? We can help you find a decent outfit if we know your location.
    How about your age; are you over 21, 22, 23?

4. Kozaturf

Kozaturf Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Westville, IN
    Sorry, Westville, IN about 30 miles East of Gary but close enough.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Welcome Kozaturf!

This is a good forum, with a lot of experience on it. There's a lot of good info and suggestions.

There's also a lot of pure, unadulterated BS here, too, so "trust but verify", and take it all with a big bag-o-salt.

If nothing else it sharpens up your BS filter, which will not only help you find the right company for you, it will help you stay out of trouble on the road. Good luck!!

Mike2633 and Kozaturf Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    West Side Transport - has a guaranteed minimum weekly paycheck; you can make more than the guarantee, but not less.
    [​IMG]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Let me dig through my notes; there's plenty more to choose from.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Schneider Bulk - tanker division of Schneider. Good pay. Hair follicle drug test.
    FFE (Frozen Food Express) - Probably hire you; apply and find out.
    Schneider - Dedicated Team Truck Driver - Harley-Davidson account - Class A CDL - Gary, IN. Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers. Live within 50 miles of Gary, IN
    Shaffer Trucking - coast to coast refrigerated trucking. Take the wife & 2 pets.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Reinhart Food Service - Drivers must have a valid Class A CDL for interstate commerce with less than one year of current Class A CDL experience. Reinhart will hire and train individuals with less than one year of experience
    and enter them into our Associate Driver training program. Driver Associates will perform driver duties that will
    allow them to gain the necessary experience to qualify for a Professional Driver position with Reinhart Foodservice
    after successfully completing the program.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Kozaturf Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's another one:
    W.W. Transport - hiring pneumatic tanker drivers. Apply at www.wwtransportinc.com

• Must have a Class A CDL License. Experience not required.
      • $1,000 - $1,400 a week
      • [​IMG]

8. Brucely

Brucely Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    hey, how much did you pay for CDL school? and did you have to pay all at once? I'm asking cuz im wondering if i should maybe save up the whole 8k or just work during cdl school.

9. Kozaturf

Kozaturf Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Westville, IN
    Driveco is $4250 including the fees for 2 attempts at the state skills test, DOT physical and drug screen. They give you a $500 discount if you pay up front. They have a payment plan too.

Brucely Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trimac Transportation - Valparaiso/Hammond/other locations - Jet Fuel & other chemicals.
    $83,000 a year
    Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Whether you’re a recent CDL school graduate, a former military service member or an experienced driver, Trimac Transportation has the perfect career opportunity.
    Walk-Ins Welcomed and Encouraged:
    Apply in person Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm
    2700 E 175th St Lansing, IL 60438
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Veriha Trucking - lots of home time. They do have a guaranteed minimum pay though.

• GUARANTEED Home time
      • GUARANTEED Pay program
      • BOSE Ride® seats & in-cab DirecTV
    • Pet-friendly tractors
    • Rider Program
    • Tuition Reimbursement

11. Brucely

Brucely Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    That's a pretty good deal! Would take me a year at walmart to make $4k (after expenses.) But then again, I have a lot of time to wait before 21... so not like i could get a CDL right now even if i watned to XD

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.