Just sharing my story

Discussion in 'CRST' started by rockstar_nj, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    thats all it takes is practice, I had an off day today. I took longer than usual just for a 45 degree backing, it didnt help having the yard guy rushing me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rockstar_nj

rockstar_nj Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Cape May Court House, NJ
    So, today I realized something.... After sitting with no income at all having to live off pay advances thanks to having bills outside of CRST, and then being stuck sitting in this motel for the last week on no income again, since I'm being punished for my last codriver being a maniac... Since August 12, I've made $3. BUT, CRST won't pay for my motel for another night, because my new codriver just left to come pick me up, he's about 13 hours away with no stops or traffic, their answer was that I had to just sit in the truck stop and wait, with no guarantee he's going to be here in 13 hours (which is 11PM). So lets assume he stops for lunch, and maybe dinner, beacuse he does need to eat, we'll do maybe an hour for that. Then thanks to GPS, I already know there's construction on his way here, depending on when he hits it, it can be no delay, or it can be a long delay. And then he had to actually get to the rental place to get a car, and actualy get that car, that can take up to an hour. But assuming no delay, without speeding, it'll realistically be at least 1AM by the time he gets here to get me. So when at the time I had to make this decision, it was 10:30, so I had a 15 hour wait for this guy to get here, so I had to pay for the room out of my own money. So that $3 I made, I just paid 60 out, so after my pay stub today, I'm at -$114 for the month.

And today, after trying to talk them into letting me out of the contract for that exact reason, that I'M NOT WORKING... The girl pointed out that I was repaying money that I never owed, she had to credit that money towards my physical, so now that's paid off... Just got the room they never paid for, which is a scam anyway since they charge BOTH people in the room the full price of the room for two people, and the school that I wouldn't even call a school. They have a great CDL program, but it's a 16 week class... I only paid $4k to learn how to pass a road test.

I seriously need a lawyer. I'm going to lose everything I own being stuck on a contract and not getting any work.

4. flguy

flguy Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Ouch. That sucks and I know from reading CRST tends to pay on the low side. But on the bright side you are getting a new co-driver and maybe this time you two will hit it off and have a 5,000 mile week and with a lot of luck you'll keep having those for many months? :biggrin_255: I hope so. I really do. One thing I wish I did when I went through training was to keep a more positive attitude despite some of the obstacles I encountered. You're dealing with stuff 100 times worse than I dealt with but I thought I'd bring it up.

Also it sucks and I agree that it shouldn't matter but I'd keep in mind at this point the people there probably know who you are and they might hold your posts against you in some way. :( I sure hope not because I know from my brief flirtation with it trucking is a tough job and sometimes you have to blow off a little bit of steam. But I hope you considered this.

I wish you the best of luck though. You seem like a nice guy who is just having some very bad luck.

5. rockstar_nj

rockstar_nj Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Cape May Court House, NJ
    There's not really anything they can hold against me. Nothing I said wasn't true, and I didn't target the company themselves, just what they were doing to me. Which includes just throwing me out on the street today. The only reason I actually had a motel room for today was because I payed for it out of my own money, that I probably won't get back. Otherwise, I would have had to go sit at the pilot, all day. Because it's a bad business expense to rent a room for me if I won't be there all the way until checkout the next day, even if I'd still be using it literally the entire day. 11 hours later, still no codriver here to pick me up... Even though my manager asked him to try to make that 13 hour drive in 10 (yeah, that was their solution).

One thing that MIGHT help, is I'm pretty sure my state is going to let me collect unemployment while I'm working for them. And it's pathetic that it comes to this. I have to collect unemployment to get by. Mostly because I actually get pay stubs that say I owe crst money instead of actually getting paid anything.

6. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    I would move on to another company, screw their contract and just let them "bill" you.

7. fr8te_sh8ker

fr8te_sh8ker Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    I so agree with you, mega's are running a huge scam claiming tax dollars for so-called training. Some companies are better than others and it comes down to the trainer. Some trainers are just not competently skilled and some are not fit to supervise.

I think mega's are actively trying to disqualify as many new CDL holders as possible. A shortage of new drivers means they can charge more for their freight. Mega companies in other industries go along with that because a mega's end game is to put small companies out of business.

Our grandchildren will not know what a maw and paw trucking company was or what a neighborhood market was. That means they won't even know what made America great.

40 years ago the conspiracy theory version of corporate Amercia was born and we're living in that future now, it has arrived.

Boka Thanks this.
  8. Boka

Boka Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Yea man, its a scary world we live in today..
    I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that the OP actually owns them money after a whole month of working for them, and the sad thing is that there are many many more like him out there.

That why i was always for getting a personal loan or save enough money to get your CDL

fr8te_sh8ker Thanks this.
  9. CantThinkOfAName

CantThinkOfAName Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Hell, Florida
    i spent 10 months with CRST. worst 10 months of my life. thats all im gonna say about that...

10. CantThinkOfAName

CantThinkOfAName Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Hell, Florida
    On the lawyer part...heh...join the club.

11. Bigmanchumbo

Bigmanchumbo Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Susquehanna, Pa
    hi how are you just trying to get post count up

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.