Just some friendly advice

Discussion in 'Werner' started by IROCUBabe, Oct 18, 2008.

1. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Well my brother in law only made it a week. It is a shame that trainers don't have to meet some kind of minimum hygiene standards.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

You will find HUMAN PIGS in every walk of life not just trucking.

4. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Oh yes. I wasn't trying to imply that only truckers are pigs. I just think that trainers should have some kind of minimum standard to meet.

5. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Everyone should , and I know you were not directing it just at truckers , I know time constraints are a big reason some OTR TRUCKERS use as not being able to sort of clean up , but you see others that are at home every night and the next morning they still have yesterdays GRIME on them.

6. amhrdwd1

amhrdwd1 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Well that sucks about the trainees waiting for a truck. I'm getting ready to head back for the 2nd half of my training and waiting weeks for a truck after training is done is really going to be a hassle, but being new to driving I will wait because I need to get experience.

As for training. My first trainer was great. Only problem I had was they pulled him early to be put on a local account. And dealing with the SDM was a treat...lol. I look forward to being done with the SDM and training.

7. mademistakesb4

mademistakesb4 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    My first trainer I was with for 7 days, he was dedicated and we did not get along at all, I got tired of his cussing, physical abuse, and constant cheating on his wife, as well as never answering questions or taking the time to train and instruct instead he wantd to pick up women all the time. Not to mention even though he covered it up he has never used a truck stop shower, right now he is home every weekend and if he doesnt bath by a certain day of the week he said he doesnt bath till he gets home again friday night or saturday morning, he even admitted while with his previous company he just used to put soap, rubbing alcohol and bottled water in a gallon bucket and sponge bathe in the truck, he also had a huge tendancy towards racism. Frankly despite my animosity towards him once I got off his truck I left well enough alone because I have a really great trainer now who is alot of fun and easy to get along with and teaches you and answers questions about the company, driving, etc, I am not going to make a fuss with the first trainer because I am not putting a target on my back and frankly despite what he did to me I dont want anyone to lose their job or take a pay cut especially because I am not going to cause his children to take a hit because of there fathers actions. Werner like EVERY company has great trainers and has piss poor trainers, despite what people say about the company if you call them up and are completly honest with them about your feelings on your trainer they will get you off that truck and help you with securing another trainer and they will not give you grief about it because as they say during orientation they understand while one trainee may think that trainer is the greatest in the world another trainee may not like them, may not feel comfortable with them and may not get along with them. Trust me even 70hrs is along time to live in a box with someone you dont get along with and are in constant personality conflicts with. Hang in there and best of luck to everyone in the co-driver/student phase of werner right now

8. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    all these horrible training stories are actually encouraging me to become a trainer and be good at training, so that trainees that will leave my truck with a positive experience and actually talk positively about their experience. even if you cant have an impact on every trainee, if you can help one trainee every couple of months become a better driver and instill some prefessionialism in them, then turnover could defiantely be lowered some.

9. yzfster

yzfster Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    have 2 friends that started with them on monday. one loves it and one hates it. the one that hates it said that his trainer is over 300 pounds, barely speaks english and is a complete pig. friend had to clean out the truck just to find a place to pu his bag. he found over 10 big mac wrappers, 12 whoppers and dirty napkins all over. win some and i guess you loose some.

10. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    does werner use 10 speed or 13 speed transmissions?

11. Nuclear03

Nuclear03 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Danville, IL
    9 Speeds....Complete pains in the ### for going up any kind of grade

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.