Just starting out

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Nicolas James, Jul 7, 2008.

1. cat 500

cat 500 <strong>"Kitty Cat"</strong>

Oct 24, 2007
    florida

Very well said.

Scarecrow03 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ken Worth

Ken Worth Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Great Plains
    What are you talking about? Is this crazy night? Maverick is one of my favorite companies.

You're right about some of the others though. If you like being treated like a dog and broke ,then more power to you.

4. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    I certainly wasn't treated like a dog, except while with my trainer. Nor was I broke. In fact, I bought my first house off the wages I made at PAM. Unfortunately, that house burned beyond repair a little over a year after I left PAM.

You know what that means? Leave PAM and they burn your house down! :biggrin_2559:

That's a complete joke, btw. But it does show the insanity that some people will try go through to justify laying blame on a bad company.

5. cat 500

cat 500 <strong>"Kitty Cat"</strong>

Oct 24, 2007
    florida

:biggrin_2559: Crow, you are too funny.

6. Ken Worth

Ken Worth Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Great Plains
    Actually, I was sticking up for TMC and know nothing about the companies in the post I replied to. I was just making a generalization about some of the well known companies I've been reading about on this board that treat their drivers worse than I treat my dog. I understand not every company is for everyone. Some don't seem to be for anyone.

7. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    Just remember that there are three sides to every company horror story.

1. What the driver says happens.

2. What the company says happens.

3. What really happened.

The sad thing is that sometimes there's often no similarities between the three. :biggrin_25513:

8. jash369

jash369 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    roslyn,pa
    UNFORTUNATELY unfortunately...........unfortunately..........:biggrin_25513:

SO SO SO true........

9. Aubrey Allen Smith

Aubrey Allen Smith Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Dunnellon, Fl
    There are good companies out there, finding them or knowing which ones they are is the key.....my best advice? Schneider National....they work great with new students and recent grads, offer good miles and they want their drivers to STAY! Check them out....I have never driven for them but have done extensive research on trucking companies....I believe they will be your best bet! Good Luck!

10. Nicolas James

Nicolas James Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2008
    columbus ohio
    I was hired with Garner Transportion

11. Nicolas James

Nicolas James Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2008
    columbus ohio
    Well i think i finally have a job now. i just now got to wait for them to get back with me about starting my training and all of that the guy on the phone told me about taking a d.o.t test can someone give me a insight on this i all ready have my cdl's why would i have to go take another test ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.