Just starting out

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Nicolas James, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Macho Macho Man

Macho Macho Man Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Here and there
    Nicolas, a little of topic here but I just can't stand it anymore. The Buckeyes suck, I mean bad. 2 straight beat-downs ouch. I loved every minute of it though. Oh but I too am about to head for Mav. Just finished training my replacement and I'll see you there I guess eventually. I'll be the one with the Ohio State tp.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nicolas James

Nicolas James Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2008
    columbus ohio
    I didn't go with Maverick after all. They wanted proof that I had worked with my dad, and we didn't have proof anymore. After he passed away my mom trashed all the W-2's and everything. So, I had to go else where b/c they said they had to have the w-2's, it was their rules.

4. Macho Macho Man

Macho Macho Man Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Here and there
    Hmmm. I got jerked around today at Mav too. My recruiter called me to tell me that surprise, you can't go to orientation this week after all. Well that hasn't been a problem before. Well he knows that today was supposed to be my last day at my job. He does tell me that he has an opening in the glass division, a "local" job in 67 miles away from my house. He also tells me that I can take the truck home every night. Well I call the manager of that account and he says that you CANNOT take the truck home every night, you have to keep it there. My question is that if they won't take me as a experienced driver for long haul, why will they take me as one for this glass division? They say I have been off the road to long and that is why I have to go with a trainer. Something is fishy here so I turned them down. I'm not going with them after all, I have a bad feeling. On the bright side my current boss offered me a big raise to stay. So in the end it all worked out. Oh well I just thought the timing for all of this was a little odd.

5. Nicolas James

Jun 26, 2008
    columbus ohio
    Still having a hard time finding a job. Garner turned me down b/c of my mom giving me a bad ref.

6. cat 500

cat 500 <strong>"Kitty Cat"</strong>

Oct 24, 2007
    florida
    Don't get too frustrated.Something will work out.

Nicolas James Thanks this.
  7. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Ouch! Sorry, but *I* would probably turn you down if your MOM gave a bad reference. That's brutal.

8. Nicolas James

Jun 26, 2008
    columbus ohio
    Well they turned around and called me back Friday and wanted to hire me. Makes no senses what so ever to me. And the mom giving me a bad ref. was a WAG anyway. I figured she had because of how she was acting about me working for them.

9. Nicolas James

Jun 26, 2008
    columbus ohio
  10. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    that bad, eh?

Did you ever find out why they declined you the first time?

11. Nicolas James

Jun 26, 2008
    columbus ohio
    The guy never really told me, just that his boss was mad at him that day. IDK.

Then I drive 2 hours for a physical and road test and a pre trip. They told me it was not a test, that it was just to see where the trainer would have to start with me. But it turns out it was a test and they keep giving me the around. And have ever since I turned in my app almost a month ago.

MORE LONG STORY!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.