Just talked to Gordon Drivers

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by MJensen, Jan 30, 2012.

1. MJensen

MJensen Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Medford OR
    I am here in Medford Or, but I reside in Crescnt City Ca, I have decided to do a little home work. Yesterday January 29, 2012 I stopped in at the Gordon yard and talked to about 6 drivers some from the refridgerated, heavy hauling, and dry van fleets and there were no complaints what so ever. The truth from the drivers was just be willing to work but all drivers that I had talked to said they avg. 2200 low end to 3600 high end miles per week. One driver was with them over 12 1/2 yrs and another due to retire in 2 weeks. The company apparently takes great care of equipment as well. If anyone has other input please feel free to post...

Michael Jensen
    Former LCPL USMC
    New Driver to industry...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I drove for GTI for 2 1/2 years and my experience was just that. I would still be there if I hadn't moved to the East coast. Thank you for your service,

USMC 1968-1972 Sgt. E-5

MJensen Thanks this.
  4. MJensen

MJensen Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Medford OR
    No thank you Sgt. Tellefuhunden devil. What sort of runs did you do with Gordon i.e. which fleet did you sit in. I was hoping to start out in the dry van fleet then maybe get into the heavy hall if they would let me. Also how long were you out 2 weeks or 4 weeks at a time. I do understand that if I do stay out the 4 weeks at a time I will most likely be able to rack up more miles rather than 2 weeks come home for two days. I also understand that I read in a prior post that they require at least a minimum
    of two weeks of the road before home time anyways. But other than that thanks for all of the input and info and keep on trucking down the road.

Semper Fidelis
    Michael Jensen
    Former LCPL Usmc
    New to driving Industry.

5. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I stayed out 31 days for 5 days off, the most GTI will allow. You get the same total home time no matter what schedule you choose, 1 day home for 6 days out. It's the short runs to get you home that shorten your miles, fewer trips home equal more miles.

I pulled a dry van on the U.S. fleet, and was also used as backup for the Canadian fleet.

6. Lost Crow

Lost Crow Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Henderson, NV
    I just stopped working for them a month ago . . . Gordon Sucks

Poor Maintinance
    low miles
    never home on time . . . but always want you back early
    slow ### trucks, governed at 60

but hey, if you can warm a seat they'll hire any monkey to sit in it

7. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Oh lord here we go.......

MJensen Thanks this.
  8. SwervyMervyn99

SwervyMervyn99 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Madison, WI
    Gordon was one of my top choices, but I could hear that," yes you do have to run I 70 through Colorado in the blizzard and chain if needed to get there on time" in his voice.

I don't mind going over passes, but not having to chain to do it.

Maybe he could sense that and that is why he never mailed me any of the info that he said he would.

9. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Yes they will try to order you to chain

And I have a friend there now whose truck is losing over a gallon of oil per day, has loose ubolts in the front end and the jerks are making her drive it from Oklahoma to so cal to get it fixed

10. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    She has the option to drive it or park it. Nobody is holding a gun to her head.

sbv Thanks this.
  11. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    I know. a few other friends of mine have told her to just park it and refuse to drive it, but she's 'devoted' to them. She was at a FL shop and gordon refused to get it fixed. i'd refuse to drive it

MJensen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.