Just talked to Gordon Drivers

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by MJensen, Jan 30, 2012.

1. stillayoungman

stillayoungman Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I worked for Gordon last year, but only for a month. The wife got very ill and I had to get off the truck. While waiting for a load down at the POE in Long Beach CA I spotted the right rear air bag was tweaked off its position and I called maintenance. They directed me to a local non-freightliner shop at 4 pm and by 6pm they had it finished and I was ready to go.

That was the only OTR repair I had to deal with in the short time I was with them. The only other time I needed anything fixed on the truck was when I had two days off and the ac compressor was replaced. Every thing I noted in writing was dealt with in a timely manner.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    You got lucky there. Took me two months to get em to replace a bad starter. When I first started they were a great company. Now they've got too many college kids calling the shots, and they're getting too big too fast. And sometimes one dispatcher will tell you something's ok and another one will say it isn't- like it was with me and chaining- one said "go no matter what" and another said "stay safe". But I will say they're ok for a starter company

4. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I agree that if you don't want to chain you shouldn't have to. I also believe that you accepted a job that you knew you would not be willing to do. GTI's written company policy is to chain if the roads are open, if required to meet your pick / delivery appointment.

I hope you have found a job more suitable to your likes and dislikes.

California requires chains and closes roads faster than any other state IMHO.

Foxcover Thanks this.
  5. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Not that i wasn't willing or didn't feel like it. You 'beleive' wrong. No company can 'order' a driver to chain if they feel the conditions are unsafe. A few years ago Prime tried that, got sued, and lost. I never saw that in writing. I asked about it at orientation, and was told "SAFETY FIRST". I chain ONLY to get out of a jam and to the nearest safe place to park- NOT when someone at a desk orders me to

sbv Thanks this.
  6. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Looks like GTI wants me for the heavy division here in the NW. Any Heavy runners with a clue to the payscale for HH?

7. SawJaw

SawJaw Bobtail Member

May 2, 2012
    Anaheim, CA
    The hubby thinks the GTI trucks are purdy...I would drive for them if they treat their people well. So far, it sounds like people are split evenly...

8. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Well, when I start there next week, I'll try to keep up to date on reporting.

SawJaw Thanks this.
  9. Foxcover

Foxcover Medium Load Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Couldnt agree more with this comment! However I love getting the loadboard rate jacked up in winter when there's a storm and the pass gets a little snow on it, drivers who choose to tell there companies they don't want to chain up because of safety reasons instead of telling them they are too lazy or don't want to get out of a nice warm cab to chain up in order to get the load delivered / collected!
    Please don't say this in the OR / CA area, your company knows the agency's shut down these passes to trucks long before it becomes unsafe so you really only let your companies customer and yourselves down if you do. I do like getting $4-$6 dollars pm for a load because some schmuck sitting in the Readding CA TA who accepted to work this region at that time of year is telling his company he couldn't do the load for safety's sake, especially since he was going to do it for under $2 pm!

10. Rgxtrucking

Rgxtrucking Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Not true at all. The trucks and trailers are maintained regularly. The miles run between 2200 and 3200 for the most part. The trucks are governed at 63 (you almost had one right) the Columbias will run 65. Honestly it's a growing company feeling growing pains in some areas at times but in the long run that's a good thing.

11. Rgxtrucking

Rgxtrucking Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012

Not true at all. The trucks and trailers are maintained regularly. The miles run between 2200 and 3200 for the most part. The trucks are governed at 63 (you almost had one right) the Columbias will run 65. Honestly it's a growing company feeling growing pains in some areas at times but in the long run that's a good thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.