Just waiting on a trainer now!

Discussion in 'PAM' started by tisdal, Aug 1, 2011.

1. tisdal

tisdal Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Edwardsburg, Mi
    Welp I graduated C1 Ft Wayne July 22nd. Was there a little less than 3 weeks. The school wasn't too bad except sitting in the classroom going over the same crap they told us to read and do the online tests before we got there. Of course most of the students hadn't done that and only 8 of the 19 managed to pass all the permit tests on the first try. I arrived on my birthday and I guess my birthday gift was getting to wait to piss in a cup and then the nurse feeling my nuts.

The range and road instructors I had were decent and helped alot. I didn't get as much time on the range as some but I got more road time than the others as well. Overall about 10hrs on the road and maybe 5-6 hrs backing. Those total include the CDL Test as well.

PAM was having difficulty verifying my past employment so I wasn't permitted to take the CDL test until that got straightened up. Was waiting on a road instructor to get back in the truck for more road time and I fell asleep in the back. Was awoken and told to get my things and get out of the truck. Was a little panicked then. He then informed me I was heading over to the CDL testing grounds. That gave me about 15 minutes to worry about taking the test while they did paperwork vs the entire day some people had to endure.

I've waited my week for PAM to "complete my DOT file" and made my initial call in and am just waiting on a trainer now. Hopefully one will be available soon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    My last 3 guys waited anywhere from 2-4 weeks for a trainer. Be prepared to wait just as long. Good luck and be safe when you get one.

4. tisdal

tisdal Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Edwardsburg, Mi
    Looks like they'll be picking me up tonight running to chicago.

5. 4wheelJoshua

4wheelJoshua Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2011
    WC Ohio
    So ummm how'd the nurse look? lol

Since you technically should be a PAM employee at this point are you paid while waiting for their trainer to fit you into the schedule? Are you waiting in Ft. Wayne?? At the dorm?

6. tisdal

tisdal Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Edwardsburg, Mi
    She wasn't half bad looking. The one collecting the urine was another story.

Nope, not getting paid at all during the waiting game.

After graduation you get sent home while PAM "completes your DOT file" for about a week before you have to start doing a daily check in call to the company.

Trainer wasn't able to get out here until this morning as the inspection on the trailer took longer than expected.

7. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You you aren't a "PAM employee" until you get picked up by your trainer. Once he/she sends in the 'pick up trainee' message, you start getting paid.

8. 4wheelJoshua

4wheelJoshua Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2011
    WC Ohio
    Ahhh see DS told me I would be an employee upon graduation. All about the fine print probably. Hope you are on the road now Tisdal, best of luck and be safe.

9. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    Who is your trainer?

10. booomer

booomer Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Irving, tx
    I am to make my first check in call friday 8/6 with PAM. I live in Irving, TX will that help speed things up to get a trainer. Iam going crazy sitting around the house just waiting.

11. tisdal

tisdal Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Edwardsburg, Mi
    Well I had Don as a trainer. Was out for about 4 weeks then the 2 day orientation that was more like 4. Had to take the #### E-log class as well. Finally got a load later. 45mile shuttle run. Then a GM Lansing run that was scheduled to deliver 9/3 00:01 - 9/5 23:59 well i got the load at 9/3 17:00 needless to say GM was closed for the holliday weekend so I got to sit at the truckstop. I did get 2 days hometime after I was able to drop on tuesday but here I am back in Lansing sitting at the same truck stop waiting on a load.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.