Just when ya think ya seen everything...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by rex, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Redwolf

Redwolf Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2007
    IL
    I park in the back row all the time and really haven't had any problems.
    If anyone comes up to the truck I don't want around the truck, I just throw them the look from hell and they go away. (I've been married three times, I'm pretty good at it!)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

reminds me of the POE in Evanston WY. If you get red lighted and go in, notice that on the way out, you have to do a long type of Uturn in order to get out of the facility. As you take that long left turn, you'll notice a ton of pee bottles over there. Just nasty.

4. BigDiesel

BigDiesel Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Somewhere....

Everyone understands that you are a bit clueless about trucking, let's alliviate an inaccuracy about the Evanston POE on I-80..... Everyone one goes in to the POE to declare their load.... Even many pre-pass trucks also............

5. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

How much of a 'born in a barn' person does one have to be to just drop off pee bottles and drive on?! Do they really care that they are ruining it for the whole industry? How many off/on ramps are closed to us (No Parking) just because of this fact? Most places dont really mind big trucks parked off of ramps (not blocking them) but its the trash that they mind! Its got to be younger drvrs doing this (?)

6. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    ...what makes you think that? I've yet to leave a pee bottle on the side of the road. It has nothing to do with age, it has to do with the personality of these worthless pieces of trash that leave these on the side of the road, rest areas, even in the middle of the parking spots.

7. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Clive IA FlyingJ. I'm parked in the back row minding my own business. Here comes a truck, don't remember the company name, rolling down the back row looks like he is on his way to the exit.

Soon he moves over even closer to the row of parked trucks and as he is coming up on a trash can sitting out in an island like some stops have his pass window rolls down and a bag of trash comes flying out in the general direction of the trash can. This guy is still doing 10 or 15 mph and completely misses. As he rolls past me he is laughing his head off as he rolls down the exit.

Pigs of all kinds.

8. slowpoke1967

slowpoke1967 Light Load Member

May 8, 2008
    somewhere fl
    i been wondering the same thing for years:biggrin_2554:

9. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Same here. How does a 400 or 500 pounder get a medical card. I'm a little over weight but now where close to a couple hundred over and I only got a 1 yr the last time for blood pressure.

10. Rocket

Rocket Guest

I don't think age has anything to do with it. But I think truckers might not be the sole culprits. I'm sure there are other drivers out there who are "recycling" plastic bottles that way!

11. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Maybe or maybe not...I see a lot of younger drivers out there (usually guys!) that can barely take care of themselves....'Momma didnt teach them right, ' as they say! And, anybody who has raised teenagers knows that 'youth' is generally lazy if not taught otherwise! Not saying ALL are, cause I wasnt--but I was taught not to be lazy and slovenly!! Dont take the easy way out, but 'Do it Right!!':yes2557:

But also see a lot of older drivers still flicking cigarette butts out the window during each state's dry seasons---lots of median and shoulder fires!!:biggrin_25516:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.