K&B drivers courteous?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bavarian, Jul 6, 2019.

1. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I used to pick up at Supervan in STL and nearly every time I came into their terminal, one or more of their idiot drivers was parked in the way and just sitting there not caring or being too ignorant to realize he was jamming up the entrance/exit. They can’t back for #### either even though they gave them their own little corner of the lot, in the water too lol.

Thanks to them, I had to start backing into a door when I returned in the mornings because K&B kept hitting the fence in the back and they put my normal parking spot off-limits. Useless...

me myself and I and motocross25 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    I never see anybody at any company double parking - as thy should if possible; makes sense - so I think the OP is just virtue signalling.

However, something no one here knows, is that there is parking carved out for K&B at a drop yard 1/2 mile away - though, to be fair, there is no restroom.

If one or more persons were to call K&B and politely suggest their drivers make more use of the drop yard to help with parking, they might agree. But if someone came at me like the OP and some others, Id tell em to get bent.

4. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Hmmm...I wouldn't have pulled in there, and said to myself, well i just need to put two trucks in one spot, let me park here to. I ride motorcycles a LOT, and don't park in the same spot as another motorbike I see parked either. Lots of places to park there, use an empty one.
    Maybe the OP just needed to eat and was " Hangry " because he had not eaten yet, or he hates blue trucks.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    I parked a few spots down the line.

I have nothing personal against K&B or against blue trucks.
    It seems to me, that drivers don't talk to each other anymore. They might have been waiting for the loads from the same shipper, a few of them might have pulled in at the same time, some might even leave at about the same time.
    I counted a total of 11 trucks scattered across the whole property, each of them using a full spot.

There was plenty of parking available at that time. But towards evening, when parking space is getting tight and this is just not considerate towards other drivers who might need a spot.

I'm happy to see responses and share my concerns and make decisions for themselves to avoid such situations.

6. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Yes we do all have choices to make, and never will all agree.
    I can only speak for myself, and I would not share a parking space with someone else. Park inside the lines, but in my own space.

7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Another thing to consider is that not every truck stop has parking solely for bobtails,either because there’s not enough space for it or because of possible restrictions (geographical restrictions,zoning regulations and such)while at the same time some truck stops strictly prohibit truck parking in the areas that are for cars only,regardless if you are pulling a trailer or bobtailing.
    At any rate sometimes I double up with other drivers if the situation warrants it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  8. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    ☝ I love this comment. Well said.

asphaltreptile311 Thanks this.
  9. Windmill Hill

Windmill Hill Light Load Member

May 26, 2019
    Central Indiana
    Of course, it's not as easy going through the Starbucks drive-thru as it is in my "4 wheeler" :laughing-guffaw:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  10. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    it looks like they did that when the truck stop was rather empty on the weekend.

MartinFromBC and bzinger Thank this.
  11. look up online the story of a gentleman from Michigan named run hard get paid
    that will tell you all about K&B that you need to know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.