K & B Transportation fraudulent company, can mess up driver's CDL, wage theft

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Traveling, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Traveling

Traveling Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Dispatch/log department changed my log without my permission, drive time from the consignee to a nearby Pilot station they changed to 'personal conveyance' so the time I have been waiting for the live unload to complete, the time needed to pull away from the dock, pick up paperwork, go through the security gate, drive to Pilot were all logged as offduty. I called the dispatcher/logs dept. and rejected to have my logs changed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    You were only forced because you chose to allow them to pressure you. You have all your proof, go to the DOT and make a complaint about them based on the coercion rule.

There will always be someone who is hungrier than you who would thrive working for K&B. If your desire is to run 100% legal (nothing wrong with that at all, by the way) and have a somewhat “normal” schedule then maybe look into pulling a flatbed. Most customers are only open during the day so no middle of the night pickups and deliveries.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    If folks would stop letting these desk jockeys threaten you into breaking the law, they wouldn't be continuing this bs...let them fire you for refusing to break the law...any reputable company would hire for complying with the regs as they're posted...

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    You don’t have to approve the changes on the eld in your truck? I am the administrator on mine and when I make a change on the log it still requires me to approve the changes the administrator made when I log into the eld in the truck. It won’t just change it automatically.

6. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    When you have not been dispatched/under a load you are allowed by law to travel to the closest place to park and rest using personal conveyance/off duty driving.

7. Traveling

Sep 13, 2019
    I agree. These days some truck drivers working for big trucking companies I worked for seem not to have a minimum of standards set. Tell them to drive and work 25 hours without sleep, to hand unload a 40,000 lbs trailer on top of driving for a flat pay, to deliver flatbed loads without being paid for tarping/per stop, to commit log violations, many would do it. Truck drivers end up being a cheap labor force, being truck driver becomes less of a skill and more of a guy/girl who will do whatever for a big pay check while that 'big' money the truck drivers earn these days seems to be less than what it used to be. I don't see how 'Welcoming to trucking' helps truck drivers in general.

I worked for a trucking company who had no flatbed experience in the last 5 year, the company took over a major flatbed contract/accounts across the country, then trained instructors and drivers how to do flatbed, the company was paying new drivers (less than a year of experience) and old/veteran flatbed drivers (who were on that account with a previous company) the same. Veteran drivers with experience started leaving, some talked about living trucking all together.

At K & B truck drivers are used, abused and replaced, the company has an extremely high turnover rate of drivers. When I hear a K & B driver saying how the company (pay) is wonderful and talks trash about another K & B driver who objects to violate logs, I don't hear solidarity.

jon69 Thanks this.
  8. Traveling

Sep 13, 2019
    I spent most of my work life working jobs that are not 9-to-5. At times, I was over-the-road truck driving with months of no home-time.

9. Traveling

Sep 13, 2019
    The name of this sub-forum is: "Report A BAD Trucking Company Here". I did call the DOT.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  10. Traveling

Sep 13, 2019
    True. The guaranteed pay of $1250 advertised to attract new drivers is later used to condition drivers to either do as the company says (work during 10-hour breaks, work/drive beyond available hours, do unpaid live relays, take random trailers to truck wash..) or take the consequences of rejecting it.

Bud A., Tolmie, jon69 and 1 other person Thank this.
  11. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Sorry, you said you left after two weeks in your first post. Sounded like you were new.

Since you have experience, why on earth did you pick K & B? One look at the equipment should have told you what you were getting in to.

jon69 Thanks this.
  12. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Because $1250 a week guaranteed sounds pretty good.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  13. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I'm confused as to why anyone is dogging the OP. This is a spot to talk about "BAD Trucking" companies and that is what the OP is doing. If anyone is considering working for this company and gets a few minutes to read this, OP may have saved them a world of grief. I appreciate the detail in this post, unlike so many others "Avoid XXX Trucking, they steal" is the usual.

Bud A., Vic Firth, Lonesome and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.