K&B Transportation - Sioux City, IA

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Voyager1968, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    He probably would have gotten crap either way. Dispatch would have told him that he just had 20 hours off duty and was rested and legal to drive and to take the load. Things aren't always black and white. And...like I said, I don't work there, but they may be a "forced dispatch" company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    KB is a forced dispatch.But when drivers are tired there should be exceptions to every rule.KB will make exceptions if the upper staff is concerned but not for drivers.This guy took a 10 hr brk and felt refreshed but 20 minutes later they told him to take another 10.You cant get back to sleep after a full nite of rest.

wadboy73, Voyager1968 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    That happens quite a bit in the industry. Seems many have no problem with it.

5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    No problem. They are a bit too large to merge without causing confusion. The other thread is talking about dispatchers in general.... this one about the company so it's fits in both forums.

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    They probably do but feel bullied by their dispatchers and the company as a whole.I'm proud of this driver for standing his ground.

Swamprat55 Thanks this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Kb is nothing but a trash outfit and anyone who defends them for what they do are absolutely just as much bottom of the barrel garbage as the co is.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I was a local drover for kb and defended that part of the company because I got along with all my dispatchers,but the OTR part I have said many times I would never go otr with this company.I heard how dispatchers talk to there drivers when I went upstairs for something.The safety dept is a joke.If this guy on this video was to tell safety and even show them this video all safety would say to him is that's between you and your dispatcher.

Swamprat55 Thanks this.
  9. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    25 years ago I had an operations manager 'write me up' for refusing a dispatch, when I was worn out from running an illegal load, as a 'favor'. I'd run all night, illegally, and when I delivered the 'favor' on time, they tried to get me do another 'favor'. I told them I was going to bed. The next time I got into the terminal I was called in and handed a letter of reprimand, and told personally 'You don't have the right to refuse to do anything I tell you.' This was not K and B, but things have not changed much.
    These are the people who need to be jailed. They threaten your safety, and livelihood, and the public. They'll cover up what they do and leave the driver hanging.

10. kbar909

kbar909 Light Load Member

glad to see this video is seen....It it also in cdllife.com

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.