Kane freight lines

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by PowerPullin, Feb 10, 2015.

1. PowerPullin

PowerPullin Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    PA
    Hey Windsmith how is everything going at Kane? You still there? I would love an update. I am still thinking about applying there. Not really anything else in the area paying well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sherm117

Sherm117 Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Hey which beer company were you working at?

4. Pradzavicz

Pradzavicz Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2019
    I just left kane due to slip seating problems. Such as not being able to find a truck. Trucks should be put in the shop for repairs but aren't due 5o drivers not caring. It's very much a let the next guy deal with it attitude.
    They lose a lot of drivers due to this both full and part time especially on the state liquor account. Part if it is guys can't handle the physical workload, but also that new guys get the shaft. You will do 12-14 hour days and get the same amount as many guys doing 8-10 hours. This is because you get paid by the case not stops so new guys get 4-5 stop loads and never see the 1-3 stop ones.

Fuelinmyveins and Metallica88 Thank this.
  5. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Try Gress Refrigerated Services. I heard they are pretty good. If push comes to shove Rosensteins Produce might be looking for a driver.

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA

When I worked for Kane, I was able to manage the slip seating issue by starting my 14 when I walked in the door to start my day. They got the message the first few times that I didn't have enough hours to get the back hauls picked up. They held trucks for me.

As for the PLCB account, why shouldn't the new guys have to pay their dues? Why should they come in and earn the same as the guys that have been there for 15-20 years? It took me 2 years on the PLCB account to move up in the ranks. I started out at $70K. 1300 cases is 1300 cases, whether it's 1 stop or 5 stops. Same money. $90K / year for 50 hours / week isn't so bad, especially when you're home every night. Most truck drivers don't ever see $90K / year...

Fuelinmyveins and Metallica88 Thank this.
  7. Pradzavicz

Pradzavicz Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2019
    It would be all well and good but it us less than 1300 cases most times. You'll also find most companies that are keeping the "pay your dues" mantra are union and have much better benefits. Otherwise drivers just leave and find a new job if they are getting shafted.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.