Karr Transportation Worst in TN

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Karr is the worst, Jan 12, 2018.

1. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I walked into a safety office and found that safety person spot checking drivers when they were on break so tell me all you want they do not spy on you. That to me is invasion of privacy and I sure do not put up with that bs. A closed curtain will take care of that problem, and then they can fire you for covering that camera up. We do not need 1984 to be here already.

Oldironfan and DSK333 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Worldwide86

Worldwide86 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Yea different cameras do different things. Some companies will pay extra money to get as many features as they can like big companies our company does not have access to the cameras. Only the footage that is sent to them. Our boss wont pay for that an average driver should know about like taking a break. He dont care what you do on your break as long as it is logged.

4. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Exactly! Breaks my heart there's sheeple in the world that are totally fine with it though. I totally agree with your 1984 comment too. It's happening more and more every day.

Texas Rebel and Oldironfan Thank this.
  5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Eventually they will want to confirm you're actually in the berth when you're logging line 2 though. They'll be using the ELD mandate as a booster/excuse to get the new driver facing camera laws passed. History has proven countless times how laws are built incrementally upon small previous advances until your freedoms are removed. Too many people are ignorant of History and/or have extremely short memories.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  6. Emgee

Emgee Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Too all of those people who say "They can't look at the camera", Foster Farms in California started putting the cameras in the trucks, and they were 'supposed to be triggered on an action' then record the previous stuff and after the action. Well, one driver told me a friend of his got confronted by a manager about a conversation he was having on the phone during his route, which he was talking #### about the manager. Just because they 'SAY' they can't do it, please.. They have full access to these cameras and can access them whenever they want, even from home on a cell phone or laptop.

Oldironfan and Streetroddreams Thank this.
  7. BDA Trucking

BDA Trucking Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2018
    no matter what a company tells you. They are recording all the time how else could they get the seconds BEFORE the event. Also I worked for another company that had these and in a safty meeting they said THEY CAN REQUEST ANY TIME AND DAY ... meaning everything is saved to that third party they just have to pay to get each clip which is saved I think they said in short time frames a minute or less (maybe five honestly can't remember)

They said this because they get calls "your driver was doing this" so they get time and date request the videos and watch at the company to hold up the four wheelers claim or dismiss it.

so yes they do record 100% of the time no way around it with the way they are set up

secondly I'd like to add that almost all of the trucking outfits that use this type of tech in their trucks don't just willy nilly request the video's as I stated before they are charged PER CLIP. That being said if you are messing up a lot and they fire you and you try and make a fuss I'm sure they would get every second you drove to screw out over in court. I REFUSE to drive for another company that has this tech in use cause I feel its a violation of my privacy I will use my own Dash cam and hand over anything needed in the event of an accident

REO6205 Thanks this.
  8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    This is one good reason to quit that carrier, or trucking all together as a company puppet.

Texas Rebel Thanks this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    BDA trucking said it right. We looked at several in-cab camera companies but eventually decided not to use them. As long as our drivers are doing what they're supposed to and our safety record stays good we don't see any need for them.
    One of the camera salesman told me "You can have constant video and audio recording and you can access it whenever you want. The driver won't even know he's being monitored. There can be a driver-facing camera without the driver being aware of it".
    The salesman made a big deal out of "really keeping tabs on all those drivers". We already have ELDs and we keep a close watch on the trip times and time cards. I think that's enough.
    I hope the day never comes when we have to put cameras in the trucks.

mjd4277 and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. Paingiver

Paingiver Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2019
    This worldwide 86 sounds like little beers, he's been kissing but worldwide,not one negative thing to say about this crappy bunch of liars there isn't a single MAN there ..
    If you worked here do your homework find a lawyer and file a lawsuit for unpaid wages earnings..
    I'm currently in the process..
    As for Mr worldwide I would love to tell ya what I think of your mother and beers mother in person...

11. briantmiller137

briantmiller137 Light Load Member

May 5, 2010
    Salem,OH
    They have contacted me multiple times. My sixth sense was ringing like a church bell. Even a little research tells you it's a two bit company to avoid.

Companies like stupid drivers. Don't be stupid.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.