***Keen***

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Truckinguru, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Road Hog

Road Hog Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Owensville,Mo
    I heard they just laid off 'bout 50 drivers? I was considering leaving my 10 axel down the street and coming over.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gonzo_

Gonzo_ Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Clayton, NC
    With the economy the way it is even companies like Keen are laying off not hiring... Just look # Cat.. (Keen's major shipper) they're cutting thousands of jobs, and stopping production for months.. You'd be hard pressed to get into heavy haul right now.. better off waiting till things improve.

I do heavy haul as well, I do more sitting than driving recently.. However when I do work I demand a premium rate.. There are lots of restrictions, and headaches dealing with high, wide and heavy stuff.. You have to be on top of your game (even if everyone else isn't..) Your the one responcible.. Yes, the rewards are nice but it only takes 1 "oh, ####" to ruin 1000 "atta Boy's"

Keen's drivers get paid more running NE but don't make more miles.. They get the same pay for everything, So when your pulling a perfectly legal load on a stepdeck you make your regular rate.. So when you pull a O.D. load you've got to remember all the legal loads that you did where you still got paid .45-.50cpm. You do not get extra for O.D.

I know a little about keen... my wife workes for them in the office.. She keeps me up to date on what's going on there.. I almost tried to lease on with them.. O/O have to run their base plate from day 1. That was a deal breaker for me.. I had my own base plate and couldn't get a refund on it if i were to turn it back in to the state. That was just too big of a hit to take.. over $2000.. lost for me to hire on.. had to say NO Thanks..

Baack and The Challenger Thank this.
  4. boone315

boone315 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    black lake ny
    Used to do alot of oversize in and out of Vegas for the conventions, if anybody has been on the second(top) floor of the convention center you'll know what fun it is when the floor starts moving side to side, the first time I was taking in a gravel crusher when the floor started shifting, .5 seconds later I was standing on the ramp outside the door. thats when they explained to me that the floor was designed to move like that, I said I was sorry, and they said it happens all the time, made me feel a little better

5. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    Thanks, that gave me a good laugh for the night. That would have been me but I don't think I would have stopped where you did. They might have had to chase after me in a car. LOL!! Stay safe out there.:laughing-guffaw:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.