Keep or sell 2016 FL Cascadia DD15???

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by SouthernKomfort, May 31, 2020.

1. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    The last truck. 2014 dd15.13 manual..always had def issuers. I mean always. But then he plugged in a issues be gone cord and I feel in love with it. Put a couple hundred k on the odometer. He got that truck. With 489,511 miles ill never forget that truck.
    Now to your response. This truck has a little over 380 k on it. Today was my longest run in it so far. 379 miles. No issuses so far. But this engine break and the super singles wow that took a little getting used to.
    His plans are to run this truck very light. And on level ground. With only enough idle to cool the engine. Then running the apu.
    The way I understand it is. Excessive engine breaking and idleing not on high rpm. Is what's Causeing the def issuses.

I don't know squat about diesel and even less about def/dpf. But hope I answered you a little bit.

Side note, my last company made us run engine break ALL the time running 40 coast to coast. And they always had def issuers.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SouthernKomfort

SouthernKomfort Bobtail Member

May 31, 2020
    Yes you have. You are correct the reason on emissions issues due to excessive engine breaking, Running low rpms & long term idling. I can’t help with the idling. I have temperature sensitive product that I need to run my intransit heat which requires for me to idle. I definitely idle during the summer. I appreciate your input.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.