Keep trucking shows a location while driving

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by aquahauler, Oct 11, 2018.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Yes. If they are in ELD mode than going over 5mph interrupts their break. I don't know if in ELD mode they can reclassify it to PC but nothing can be done if they split breaking and take 8 in the sleeper.

25(2)+2, Bank_Lbr and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    In eld mode it will force us to choose before we move at a speed above 5 mph if the move will be pc or yard move. If not, it puts it on line 3. Not sure if an administrator can change it after the fact.

Right now kt allows me 15 mph and I can change driving after the fact to pc or ym.

TallJoe and Bank_Lbr Thank this.
  4. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    It is all too technical IMO. In essence, they got what they wanted. No more 1000 mile a day stunts and 4 hour sleep in between. There are still so many outfits I hear about that are joking at the mandate that they would be better off enforcing all the rudimentary ELD basis - for example whether or not an outfit is using a real device that is hooked up to ECM at all and not some fake tablet app - instead of complicating issues with these little nuances.

gokiddogo and Bank_Lbr Thank this.
  5. Bank_Lbr

Bank_Lbr Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Many still are. There are a bunch of drivers/companies that are cruising around with nothing more than the free KT app and running without the actual ELD Device installed.

6. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Yes indeed. Some of it is sheer ignorance of AOBRD concept. I spoke with a guy like that at a time consuming pick up and the funny part was that he actually thought it was all legit until the end of 2019. He also asked me "Why don't you get a tablet with an app like that?, you'd be good for two more years." It was a few months back. I wonder if he still runs like that.

Bank_Lbr Thanks this.
  7. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    Concur.

I have many drivers who call in and are either using an app (no connection to ECM) or even paper logs still because someone told them that this is legal until Dec 2019.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.