Keep trucking VS DriveEld

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by bonder45, Mar 24, 2021.

1. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    Hey looking for some insight on these two providers.

I need to throw ELDs in 1 truck and can’t seem to make up my mind.

Currently I have the Verizon Connect GPS + Cams in my other 2 trucks but I’ve read the ELD on that system is garbage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    I’m hearing the same....I also heard that whichever ELD you choose, it must have the capability to print out your logs and be able to email them to the DOT Web Services and not be an app on your phone....Just what I’ve heard....I’m by no means an expert on the subject.......

4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I really like KT, but I don't have experience with the other one.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    My company is using KeepTrukin. It's pretty good. We had trouble with losing connection to the GPS/ main unit that sits on dash in windshield. It uses bluetooth even with new unit it it still losing connection sometimes in my truck. They system still keep track of everything. Once parked again it sync back up.

My company has Samsung tablets the cheap one's and they had lots of trouble with our setup losing connection and having to restart the tablets. I don't think it was KT app IMG_20210324_095703859.jpg

You don't need need to print out logs in truck. You need to be able to fax or email them a copy of they want see then other then on tablet or phone.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Used the KeepTruckin one for a while. Started when it was just a logging app, then when they moved to the plug-in box. Only had one problem, box crapped out after a month. They sent a new one overnight. The only one of 7 to do that. KT does a lot of things, you just decide what you want. We used the basic equipment with tablets some apple, some samsung. Of the ones I have worked with, KT has to be the easiest to use. Most guys just started using it, never had to watch the training videos. The web based administration side is really easy as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.