Kenan Advantage Group

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Dave C, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Dave C

Dave C Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2006
    Hey all.

Kenan Advantage has just made it official that they have purchased Enterprise Transportation. The changes will start to take place at the first of Feb but no pay or benefit changes are to take place until 2014.
    I've been happy with Enterprise for about 2 years now but it looks like some changes are coming.
    Can anyone give me the rundown on KAG? I'm a chemical driver NOT a fuel hauler so I guess that would fall in the "specialty" category from what I can see on Kenans website.

Gotta make a plane to ride it out or abandon ship.

Thanks,

Dave

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bucky

Bucky Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
  4. jim-oh

jim-oh Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Toledo,oh
    I worked for KAG in northwest ohio for six years,the only reason I left was because they were draging there feet on my transfer to chemicles. The low down is corporate in canton,oh lets the term mngr. decide all pay,so its diff. everywhere. I would see another driver at a rack only 100 miles away making 20 grand a year less than me. It all depends on the revenue of your terminal. Dont listen to those morons out west(idiots). KAG is 90% fuel hauling so if your going to do anything else,its best to be at terminal thats not gas hauling. Actually I am kind of hoping they buy out the company I work for now. So as far as I know benifits are the same everywhere and pay is not, and thats why in different parts of the states there are pissed off drivers and happy drivers just down the road. I think that makes 16 companies they own now, thats ###### up

5. mattfield80

mattfield80 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Kernersville NC
    im scheduled to start with kenan monday with the dot physical and drug test etc...then safety class the next morning, then training with another driver for a couple weeks...can anyone tell me if kenan uses a work well physical as well...you know the thing where you have to lift the weights, push, pull, etc? please give me some details...thanks alot

6. hammerhead204

hammerhead204 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2013
    KINGSPORT,TN
    yes they bought out enterprise said they was not going to be any changes and they take four payed holidays away from us at 100.00 a piece.then 6 month go buy and they take away are 5 personal days away starting in 2014 at 275.00 per day for nothing going to change they sure have taken away some of my money then tell us if we stay on until feb 2014 they will pay us 1200.00 i'm not holding my breath i'm an old enterprise driver and i still work here i aint talked to one driver that is happy here i'm looking for another place to work they dont give you any miles 1700 to 2000 a week is all you will get they leave you sitting any where from12 to 18 hours and as much as 50 hour between dispatch this is not a good place to work STAY FAR FAR AWAY

7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Looks like you'll go to Distech that's their chemical side from my understanding.

Nknight90 Thanks this.
  8. oldyankee

oldyankee Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2010
    NC
    kag overhires so they can cover loads when someone does not show up-just like they won't layoff when slow, just starve someone into quitting.
    Been there, done that...lol

9. tattoo1967

tattoo1967 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2009
    nationwide U.S.A
    I been hanging on since the buy out. well, it's been a little over a year now and yes there have been some changes. But, all in all you really can't complain. Yes we did get the 1200. bonus (pre tax) and they did take away some holidays and personal days but I challenge anyone to find a better deal with any company out there. I'm up to .48 cpm loaded and empty. I stay out about 3 weeks and take a week off whenever I get in.They keep me running but sometimes it does get slow(It always does and I don't care who you work for). I do understand why some of the Enterprise guys left and yes we were spoiled but in todays environment what we have here is a good deal.

10. Johnnyr33

Johnnyr33 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Did they close that hell hole in W.Memphis and straighten out Chicago dispatch? Feel bad for Parker, Pa they were good people.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.