Kentucky drivers seeking position...

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by KentuckyTrucking, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KentuckyTrucking

KentuckyTrucking Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Kentucky
    Hi All,

I received my CDL the first time in the mid-nineties, drove for around 14 years (12 as an O/O)...spent my last 10 years or so with one company...perfect record, accident free. Then, in 2009, I began work in a completely different field (IT) and unfortunately let my CDL expire around 2010 (big mistake!).

So, here we are in 2019...I just finished a 160 refresher course, took the road test and received my 'new' CDL. It was good to be back in a 'big truck'...still have my driving skills...just like riding a bike!

Also, my wife (who has had her CDL permit multiple times) took the 160 hour CDL training class and received her license as well. She's had past experience driving my truck when she had her permits but no real 'paper' experience (on the job).

We're currently looking for a team-type operation that would not require riding with a trainer for multiple days/weeks. We would prefer a situation that would basically let me be the 'trainer' for my spouse...that's probably our top priority (miles, money, etc will come as we gain more 'paper' experience).

Weekend home time is also VERY important (we're in central Kentucky...about an hour south of Louisville). I've ran the endless 48 state routes in the past and we're not interested in doing that (again!)...so, regional or dedicated lanes would also be a top priority for us.

Any help pointing us in the right direction would be great...Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    I would say come on with us but your wife would need to have a year experience for that to work. I haven't seen a lot of advertisements looking for teams on this forum, and your wife needing to be trained makes it a little more difficult...

Honestly I hate to say it but have you checked some of the job papers at the truck stops? They're literally full of advertisements desperately looking for teams and if you grind out a year with your wife so she gets her critical one year experience, I'm sure you could go anywhere you wanted since a team with experience is worth its weight in gold!

Here at Landstar my boss was floating the idea of pharmaceutical runs, but we would need a team to do that and unfortunately your wife needs a year of experience!

KentuckyTrucking Thanks this.
  4. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    PS the Kentucky and Upland South and Midwest is not a bad area in terms of freight so I'm sure you'll find something Regional or at least get to home time you need!

KentuckyTrucking Thanks this.
  5. KentuckyTrucking

KentuckyTrucking Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Kentucky
    Looks like we've found a dedicated run with a smaller local company...thanks for the help!

REO6205 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.