Kenworth bunk heater control valve replacement

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Fishell Trucking, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Fishell Trucking

Fishell Trucking Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Raymond Montana
    I have just replaced my heater control valve in the bunk of my KW. If anyone has done this they will find out that the new style of valve just has a big o-ring that you put on the heater core line that hooks to the valve and you slide a c- clip in to hold it in place. The old one has the same type of set up but it is secured with four little screws on a flange that holds it together. I have put the new valve in and installed as it says in the directions and it leaks. Just would like to know what or if anything I did wrong.

snowman_w900 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vinni

Vinni Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Houston,TX

I just replaced mine and it's doing the same thing. So after much hassle, I took it back out , added a small orings on top of the one supplied...didn't leak for awhile but now mine is also doing it again! Not a happy camper!

4. NRTruckTansport

NRTruckTansport Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Hey, needing to change mine as well, what did you guys do to adapt the wiring to the new valve? My old one was 5 flat pins new actuator is 4 round pins in a totally different connector. My local KW dealer says there is no pigtail adaptor.

5. hhcrowder

hhcrowder Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Could u just tell me where the dang thing is located some one took mine out and I have no ideal where it goes back to can't find any information on it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.