Kenworth T800 electrical issues

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Ramos, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Ramos

Ramos Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Hello i have a 2008 kenworth t800 ,the left turn signal on the dash won't turn off ,the light outside won't turn on unless I move the handle but the light on the dash stays light, not flashing ,just lit,also my trailer left turn signal is not working and my trailer brake lights are not working, there is no current going to the pigtail I checked for current ,any ideas ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ramos

Ramos Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I meant to say there is no current going to the stop lights pin on the connection coming from the tractor but there is for all the other lights

4. JDHIGGINS44

JDHIGGINS44 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Waynesburg, PA
    Well the turn signal being on solid makes me think either you just put new lights in and crossed the turn signal wire with the marker light wire or odd and far fetched as it may seem I have seen the bulbs where the one filament actually breaks inside and lays across the other causing the exact same symptom. The trailer problem is more than likely not related as brake and turn signals are on a separate circuit.

5. JDHIGGINS44

JDHIGGINS44 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Waynesburg, PA
    Check your brake switch on the tractor then for power going and then power coming out with the brakes depressed and then proceed and troubleshoot on from there.

6. Ramos

Ramos Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Do you think the brake lights would work on the tractor if it's the brake switch?

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Ideas?

Yes, the body computer may be bad.

8. Ramos

Ramos Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Thank you ,now I have a place to start looking for my shortage

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.