Keystone XL Pipeline

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Chibob, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    I would like to hear what drivers working in the oil fields have to say about this pipeline.

The liberals say it is of little or no benefit to us (America). Only a few hundred permanent jobs. Also they say the reason Canada doesn't run it over to the Pacific is because of environmental concerns.

The conservatives say it will create thousands of jobs and bring cheaper oil into the country.

I would like to know what people who work in the industry think. Is it worth the risk?

This tar sand oil is supposed to be corrosive and can eat through the pipes and cause spills.

One way or another we should be getting a final answer on whether it goes or not soon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrianE

BrianE Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Livingston Texas
    I think it's already being built. We do a lot of business with whoever is building the pipeline through East Texas. On of their rtv's a huge book of blueprints and it was for the Keystone pipeline. I know where it is located from Beaumont all the way up to Lufkin since I travel those roads all the time.

4. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    This can be a really interesting discussion. But, please keep in mind that for it to remain in this forum, it needs to be done without bickering over political ideology. Thanks.

Admin Thanks this.
  5. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    it's not corrosive it is just abrasive with the sand in it and it wears out the pipe after a while. it will happen with the pipe line being built sooner or later. just have to grease the right palms with the right amount of cash and it will happen. this is my bread and butter when they build these pipelines. there will always be a pipeline somewhere that will have to be replaced or added.

6. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    My personal feeling is that we are on the verge of having a lot of our own oil. Before, I would have supported the pipeline, but as more of our own oil becomes available I say forget it.

7. pawpaw1

pawpaw1 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    The most corrosive thing on earth, over time , is Water. Shall we Outlaw water lines , as well ? Or admire the beauty of the Grand Canyon?

8. pawpaw1

pawpaw1 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    How will our own oil be brought to the refineries ? From , say , North Dakota ?

9. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    It would be brought the same way it is now. Trucked to a rail yard, another pipeline, or a refinery.

Personally I wouldn't care if they built it if they can maintain the thing so there are no spills. But apparently the Canadian people don't believe they can because they don't want it going across their wilderness areas.

The tar sand oil is not the same as what we have here.

10. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    funny how you all think the keystone XL pipeline is something new...
    It is the 3rd pipeline from the canada tar sands to the us... there are already 2 pipelines operating at full capacity.

And Enbridge is expanding their lines also, without all the hoopla against the Keystone XL.

11. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    It currently is carried by BNSF railroad. BNSF is owned by Berkshire Hathaway, which is owned by Warren Buffett, a friend of the Prez.

Follow the money...

hardworkinman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.