Kicked outta Prime Inc

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lee79, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Lee79

Lee79 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Would Prime inc actually kick you out if you fail during the CDL exam and you still have to pay the “that 5k contract training fees” ????
    Please no random answers or assumption!
    My instructor wants me to test out in 2 days and I’m not even close to ready yet.

TheRealPorkChopExpress Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    With all due respect and not to be argumentative, unless the person making the comment is the actual person making the decision random answers and assumptions is all you are going to get in here!

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Plus, not a single one of us signed the contract you signed. It will be spelled out there.

5. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Prime- Pretending Its My Equipment.

Should've went to Swift.

Smut, Badmon, Ex Primus and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well I am shocked and appalled that a mega puppy mill carrier would simply push people through so they can start making the mega puppy mill carrier more money.

7. Lee79

Lee79 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Please, can I get a real answer!

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I can tell you if I wasn't ready, I wouldn't be testing... Call your driver manager and explain to him you aren't ready to test out... Your trainer is another driver he's not the boss or your keeper.

9. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    CR England would cycle a person three times. If you cant get it on the third time they would take you back to the bus station. Tho personally if you are having issues with a trainer you should be contacting your DM and not asking us. You were hired by Prime. Not the Truckers Report. Talk to the company, they are taking the investment in you. They dont want to toss you because some obnoxious person is making you concerned.

10. qbertsrevenge

qbertsrevenge Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Metro Atlanta
    Ok, so while not an exact answer to your question, what makes you think you're not ready? I went to a 3 week CDL school, and I think had maybe 2hrs(spread out over 2 weeks) of behind the wheel time(driving on roads) when I took my test. I was sure I was going to fail, i had contingencies all set up because it's like a 3 week wait to retest at that school. So all my planning and worrying and anxiety went to #### when I passed everything and got my CDL on my first go at DDS. Like the others have said read your contract. But I honestly doubt they'll send you packing over a single failure. Now, after 3 failures, maybe. Good luck!

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    What does the contract say that you signed. I'm sure you must have read it before you signed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.