You need to read the hos regs.
Night stock boy at the local walmart isnt safety sensitive until you do 8 hours stocking right before you roll out in an 18 for the day.
Page 3 of 3
Schneider Dedicated Part-Time Truck Driver – Walmart | Flexible Scheduling | Bedford, PA
All CDL holders
This Dedicated part-time truck driver position features flexible scheduling with activity-based pay. You decide how much you earn and how often you are home. Dedicated truckers haul no-touch multi-stop loads for the world’s largest retailer, Walmart, and benefit from consistent miles within a primary travel area of PA, NY, VA and OH. It’s all about consistency when you join Schneider’s Dedicated division. By pulling freight for one customer, you’ll enjoy consistent freight, miles and paychecks. Start your trucking career!
Eligible CDL Driver Applicants
- Experienced truck drivers
- New Class A CDL holders
- Activity-based pay calculated by mileage and stops
- Flexible scheduling available
- Paid orientation and training
- 100% no-touch freight
- Mobile communications platform - The latest in-truck technology with paperless logging, GPS navigation, web browsing, text-to-voice features, a color touch screen and a pull-out keypad
- Company Facilities - Drivers have 24-hour access to company facilities with safe parking, showers, Wi-Fi, laundry facilities and cafeteria services.
- Military Apprenticeship Program - U.S. military veterans, Guard members and Reservists may be eligible to earn an additional educational benefit check from the VA (up to $1,266 per month)
- No employment contract — we don’t lock you in, but you’ll want to stay
Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Live within 75 miles of Bedford
darthanubis Thanks this.
Thanks for the insights. My other job probably does fall under "safety sensitive", but as I said, they never even got around to asking about it, so that probably wasn't it. I think they just need a bigger commitment than I'm able to give right now. I checked into the Schneider/ Walmart gig in Bedford, but they needed 3 days per week. I was hoping for one.
I'm gonna try Quality Driveaway. Afterall, the tractor is the fun part, not the trailer!
Page 3 of 3