kidney stones

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Cat D8, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Cat D8

Cat D8 Heavy Load Member

Dec 29, 2009
    any one have any experience dealing with these rascals ,alternative methods would be most helpful

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    I have passed a couple, and had one removed....no fun!

If you have one that you are trying to get rid of I have heard this works, however I have no first hand experience with this method.

http://www.cure-kidney-stones.com/ks/asparagus-and-coke.html

The last one I had I used beer and water to pee it out...lol
    I would drink a beer then a glass of water....repeat until no pain is felt and you are peeing almost nonstop, it finally came out...lol

Cat D8 Thanks this.
  4. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    i have had more expirience with them than i care to remember
    one i ended up getting blasted out--it was a bit rough but as soon as it ends there is no lasting pain
    the others i managed to pass,some of them were pretty big--hits the porcelin hard enough you can hear it
    i tried the pills they give you--no luck--tried the juice--no luck
    what idid find that works is to tottally load up on about a gallon of water--and do some form of exercise--even walking works--do that for bout a half hour---
    then when you go to the bathroom--ok this is hard for me to explain, but pee as hard as you can-kind of i guess get as much pressure as you can by squeezing your sphincter---and you will get a reward
    good luck--and believe me -i feel your pain

trucker_101 and Cat D8 Thank this.
  5. Cat D8

Cat D8 Heavy Load Member

Dec 29, 2009
    thanks for the help guys ,will see how the water and jc works out.Funny how such a small little thing can make a grown man cry

6. Flying Finn

Flying Finn Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I have more than I care for as well.

I did a mix of lemon juice. The real stuff not any sort of imitation, 100% juice only. Mix with water and drink TONS of it. Mine went on for over 2 1/2 weeks so I also started with 100% cranberry juice mixed with water. There is something about the acid in the lemon juice that is supposed to help dissolve some of the stone. The cranberry juice for me was to stave off any infection due to the shape of the stone.

Picture a 3mm round ball (rough as all get out) with a 6mm long perfectly formed sharp crystal out one side. I ended up on morphine 24/7 for about a week and it hardly dulled the pain. Once it passed it was the most exhilarating feeling ever. Very little after pain, mine was mostly from the tearing of the tube from the kidney.

In order to keep them at bay, drink plenty of water and make sure you drink a couple of glasses of milk a day. The milk actually breaks down the mineral that causes them and allows it to pass without creating stones. Oh, and once you have one, your risk of having them again and again is greatly increased.

Take it easy, don't drive as the pain can be debilitating. We have friends that have each had 3+ kids by naturally birth as well as having had kidney stones. They prefer birth. The tube from the kidneys to the bladder was not created to stretch and pass stones, liquid only.

Hang in there. Most stones do not last as long as mine did.

Cat D8 Thanks this.
  7. dnatransportation

dnatransportation Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2010
    south dakota
    I agree with flying finn. i drink alot of cranberry juice and suck on lemons. It helps and if uve got someone who's willing a nice lower back massage helps to ease the pain a little. Feel your pain :( hope it passes quickly

Cat D8 Thanks this.
  8. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    with mine the doctor said its the closest a man will come to giving birth. pain wise that is

Cat D8 Thanks this.
  9. Kellyb

Kellyb Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2011
    TX
    Take a bunch of corn silk and throw it in a pot with water. Bring it to a boil, remove the silk, and drink the tea. It's an old indian remedy that I know has worked for at least a few people.

Cat D8 Thanks this.
  10. Cat D8

Cat D8 Heavy Load Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Interesting Kelly,thanks for all the help folks easing up now for sure:yes2557:

11. deloFranco

deloFranco Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2011
    If they are small enough to pass through without haveing to be removed, the beer/water treatment is the way to go.

Cat D8 and Freebird135 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.