kidney stones

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Cat D8, Jan 23, 2011.

1. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

Should be warming up for my Yearly visits from the Gravel Pit as I call my Kidneys anymore. Lets see here Take a medication that causes Stones to stop me from having Siezures. Biggest one I have passed was 10 MM. How I passed that one I have not a clue. All I know is I woke up seeing stars and going WTF happened to my wife. We still have that one in one of my fishtanks as a chunk of Gravel.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    WOW 10mm!!! I got 3 in my left and 2 in my right 3-4 mm

4. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    my last one---that i had to go to the hospital for--3 er visits--about 4 doctor visits--the ultrasonid to blast the stone--and all meds----$0.00
    now i am to scared to go to the hospital--even with a good plan--still end up paying thru the nose--3 needles for immagration was over 600 bucks

5. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    Had one 4 years ago that req. surgical removal because of its size. in the recovery room, the urologist told me " you better be the guy that walks around with the bottle of water for now on unless you want to see me again" . now i carry 3 bottles of water in the cab daily and refill them when needed. every nite i drink a large glass of cranberry juice to really cleanse the kidneys. i am not going thru that pain again.

6. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

What it is nothing for me to pass up to 8MM with not to much pain. See I have to rate pain on differant scale than everyone else. A GTC Seizure for me will put me into the 8 range on the 0-10 scale. Well the day I passed the 10mm one I had the Seizure thenpassed that sucker I was at the 10 side of pain.

7. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Well the Lithotripsy was a failure.
    We likely will try again with a different piece of equipment and then if that fails, it's off to surgery for the plumbers snake to go up and grab it. The worst part is that they need to install a stent for 3-4 days and I have heard that is rather uncomfortable/painful during the time it remains in.

I dont really have a problem with the surgical procedure except for the fact they need to go into the urethra and then into the bladder and then out of the bladder and up to the ureter to get the stone as it's sitting just outside the dam kidney.
    So many possible complications/risks. The DR told me that TODAY this is all standard and they use a laser and stuff. But he doesn't realize that all I ever have is bad luck. Anyone that knows me, knows that....So I have to be prudent that since usually the worst will happen to me - I need to toss that into the decision making.

But the stone needs to either be dissolved or come out. It can't remain in there and I know that.... I am not running the rig right now (still) and obviously until I get this addressed, I can't...

8. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I feel for you!!! I had that more then once. They did the blasting for one of mine and they got it. Total cost was around 18k I think. 2k out of pocket. Then a few months later I passed one that was 7mm. I knew it was in there, but I passed it with minimal pain too.

I just dont understand how the blasting did not get yours out???

I hope they can fix you up soon.

9. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    I had to have a 2nd operation. This time the 9mm stone is GONE. Of course it broke up into several CHUNKS that sadly caused yet another trip to the ER for pain control. OMFG...

So round two cost $28k to the insurance company (so far).

But I am essentially stone free now.

10. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    i (along with you) am glad to hear your stone is finally gone....you gonna start a rock garden now..??..:biggrin_2559:

but for me, i too had procedures that involved inserting a device into the urethra and yes, it's an eye awakening event, isn't it..??

as i had stated in a previous posting, my doc has me on "potassium citrate" (generic to Urocit-K) and all i get once in a blue moon is the tiny (what i call) crystals...which those actually form the stones if left inside of me..

under the docs advice, i should not drink dark colas and eat too much green veggies, nuts, and especially spinach..now somehow, someway, the medical profession has found those to be culprits to the formation of stones, as well as not enough fluid intake..

whatever, all i know is that when i start getting that "throbbing" in my right lower back, stones are forming and will be shooting outta me in a day or two, so i "up" the potassium citrate..

best "early warning system" i have......!!!:biggrin_2559:

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  11. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Oh yea, when the 1st litho failed they wanted to run the old plumbers snake up and in. I said "NO" - lets try the litho one more time and then, I guess I will take the plunge.

I wasn't worried so much about the procedure but about the potential complications of anything that's invasive...I have bad luck. Anyone that knows me on here knows I have nothing but consistent and utter bad luck...

:biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.