kidney stones

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Cat D8, Jan 23, 2011.

1. hayleystarkk

hayleystarkk Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Calgary
    Has anyone here tried the "Raw diet"? I heard that it cures kidney stones. Also, I bought a car in Santa Clara California. Does anyone have advice about the process of getting it to Calgary?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    ever use a honda trash pump --or water pump?--the intial start up when the hose shakes and squirms on the ground and then shoots something out ???
    that is what may was like for me--for tunately there wasnt much pain--but i have found that trick that works for me--
    i never measured them-the last two--but when they are layed together--easily the size of a raisen
    its amazing when a tiny one that wont come out can have you in the er--but yet you can shoot one out that #### near cracks the toilet

i sure feel for you handarko--good luck

Hanadarko and Cat D8 Thank this.
  4. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Like I said guys...I'm in the clear on the stones for now. I just have some small 2-3mm fragments that need to pass..but the DR expects those will on their own.

I have caught a ton of fragments from this 9mm stone and thought I had enough parts to rebuild it. Seems not all of them came out YET!

As of today - this little stone issue has my insurance costs at around $65-70,000.
    My max out of pocket is fortunately capped at $2000.

Cat D8 Thanks this.
  5. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    hahaha--you doing the funnel thing?
    so much fun peeing in a paper funnel with a screen to catch the chunks--kinda like gold mining in the old days
    careful of what you take for over the counter vitamins and supplements--dr told me some of them will cause stones to build up

6. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I cut back on red meat and soda's.... will not give up my sweet tea though...

I still have a healthy rock sitting outside my right kidney... been keeping quite for about a year now...

Mark

7. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Since I started trucking I can feel my kidney stones most morning o take my potassium pills daily

8. KenworthComeUp

KenworthComeUp Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Coquitlam, BC
    God bless you buddy, I will be hitting the road soon and I also will be most likely in the same boat as you.

9. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    I just had a year end XRAY done and my kidneys and related plumbing are all clear for the moment....

My buddy drinks gallons of TEA (never any soda/pop) and he too has had stones.
    I don't really think there is any sure fire way to avoid them if your prone...

Cat D8 Thanks this.
  10. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    As far as I know of, no one can really say what the cause is for getting kidney stones. I have had to deal with them more then once.

11. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    They sure hurt though. Had a male nurse tell me its the closest a male will come to labor

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.