Kids in trucks

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by FirefighterDC2, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Littlefoottruckerswife

Littlefoottruckerswife Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2018
    How did you do the sleeper? Did you do it like an RV or had them in the carseat at that time as well?

2. Littlefoottruckerswife

Jul 15, 2018
    Was he in a carseat the entire time or where you able to let him be in the bunk with the net?

3. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Large companies are not going to give you passenger authorization for a young child. Any small company that does is going to leave it up to you. Have some sort of car seat setup in the sleeper or passenger seat. Likely you are talking about 3 people in the cab with legit seat belts for just 2 of them, so something in the sleeper is a must. Don't get all wrapped around the axle about tying the little rug rat down all the time. Teams don't use all the restraints all the time either, and I don't think they get busted for it. Secure the little bugger when the traffic is tough, but on the open road, as long as you are there to keep track of him/her, there is little safety issue. My cat roams the cab, never a problem.
    When I did it 30 years ago the whole world's attitude was different. Good luck.

camerabrat Thanks this.
  4. Littlefoottruckerswife

Jul 15, 2018
    Okay thank you. We own our own truck. And my husband wants me daughter and I to just come out stay a couple days with him to just be able to see him. Then we are coming back home.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  5. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    If he owns the truck and has his own authority, he can authorize anything he wishes. Likely though he is leased to a carrier, and they dictate those conditions. I encourage you to spend time as a family, I did in with 2 boys and the wife in an earlier age and it is the best bonding experience ever.

6. Littlefoottruckerswife

Jul 15, 2018
    Finally someone who isnt negative about it. Yes we want to go out every once in a while to spend time with him not make it a all the time living in the truck thing.

spyder7723 and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    There is no law about minimum age.

Studebaker Hawk and BoxCarKidd Thank this.
  8. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    This was 37 years ago no car seats . The old cab over had a full sized bed and we all dog piled in lol. The kids played in the sleeper or sat on moms lap .

Studebaker Hawk and BoxCarKidd Thank this.
  9. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    I always shake my head when this question is asked and you get the guys that say how dangerous it is. Thousands of families ride around the country in rv's with no problem. I take my family a couple times a year get a hotel every night rent a car when we get to our destination. Went to Kings Island in Ohio 2 years ago Kentucky and Tennessee last year to visit family. Paid vacation.

Studebaker Hawk and CorsairFanboy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.