KLLM and FFE

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by bama07football, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Lostknyt

Lostknyt Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    North Central Texas
    Must be true. My son's Dad-in-Law drives for FFE. He was told to park the truck and is on a bus to Jackson for big meeting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trips74

trips74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    chicagoland, il
    This is true kllm own ffe come nov we will all be kllm drivers its going to get interesting

4. N.E.Driver

N.E.Driver Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2012
    For those who haven't heard already, all truckload operations will be moved to KLLM and LTL will remain FFE. Duff Brothers own KLLM, and now FFE, as well as southern tire mart. 32 cpm top pay, everyone is going on qualcomms (peoplenet is gone from FFE), KKLM has somewhere near 60% lease drivers as they push everyone to do it. **DO NOT LEASE ON, YOU MAKE MORE AS A COMPANY DRIVER ON AVERAGE** no pet policy, no APU units, they only drive freightliners and very few Volvo's. 62 mph trucks, and they will put things on your DAC like crazy. Heard this from the VP of KLLM a few days ago.

5. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Starting pay is .32. People net is not gone. LTL will still use people net. FFE trucks top out at 62, so there's no change there.

6. turtle98

turtle98 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
  7. turtle98

turtle98 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Things on the DAC such as?????????

8. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Abandon equipment after being instructed on which terminal to take it too... and after giving a proper resignation. Personal experience, no hearsay

9. Wookie Dude

Wookie Dude Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Slidell, LA
    Likewise, I was hit with abandonment when I left their truck at the Freightliner shop in Jackson - truck wouldn't idle and I had no APU, put it in the company shop for repairs. They didn't even touch it when I was on a week of hometime. Came back, waited on the yard for a couple of days after I was still having the problem and we were in the middle of summer. They sent the truck to Freightliner and KLLM refused to put me in a different truck. Two weeks of downtime during which I found a MUCH better gig driving local. But when I gave my letter of resignation they decided to hit my DAC with abandonment, even though it was right were they put it. Scumbag organization up in Jackson, watch your rear with them.

10. Anthony09

Anthony09 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Rio Grande Valley TX
    sounds interesting been waiting to go to KLLM to get that reefer experience and get myself out there for driving

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.