KLLM and Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by landy77, Jan 31, 2011.

1. hardtimz's

hardtimz's Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2011
    lugoff sc.
    I too ran out of atlanta's terminal. And Breadmans right the shop was terrible, if u were a otr. Driver u couldn't get ur truck looked after till co. Or terminal trucks were serviced first. And far as dispatch goes, if ur not willing to kiss a little bit u could sit on yard for a day or two for a load that might go 200m's. And home time was only supposed to have been an issue for company drivers not L/op but they still act funny when u say ur ready for home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadToad69

RoadToad69 Mistress of Mayhem

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    Well...they can act funny all they want but the fact is that as a L/P operator, you are SELF EMPLOYED and can take time of whenever and where ever you feel like.
    They also do not have a right to call you at home and bug you about when you plan to come back to work.

RT

123456 and Red Hot Mess Thank this.
  4. JackMac

JackMac Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Florida
    Are you still with KLLM Roadtoad? Any updates on status? This thread has died.

5. RoadToad69

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    Nope,

Sold my truck and am moving on. Too much has gone downhill at KLLM and I really get the gut feeling that the handwriting is on the wall for them. If they don't collapse entirely then I think they are going to slide down the tubes into obscurity and ill repute. Their reputation has already slipped dramatically and their turnover rate has gone up in the past two years or so. Million mile drivers are leaving....that should tell you something.
    It's sad to see. They used to be a really top notch company....but that was BEFORE the bailouts by Southern Tire Mart (who now own approx 95% of KLLM) and the move to turn what was a really good L/P program into just another run of the mill "Fleece Purchase" program.

RT

6. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    It's sad to say, but KLLM has now become just another Swift or CR England type Trucking Company. Maybe even worse. Seems like most of the people I met while I was there are now gone. And just about all of the long time drivers I knew at KLLM are now gone or looking. All just in the past two years. Toad.... are you going to keep driving and looking elsewhere, or are you getting from behind the wheel for a while?

7. RoadToad69

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    I took a couple of months off but am headed to orientation tomorrow. Going to give JB Hunt a whirl. Really wanted Schneider but they couldn't get it together in time for me to attend orientation this week and I just can't sit around another week.

Will let you guys know how it goes.

RT

JackMac and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  8. JackMac

JackMac Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Florida
    I really appreciate the reply RoadToad, I have been where you are now and know it sucks. It is helpful for others to track those whose opinions we value, yours is one. Too often people come on here and post all about when times are good with a company and then when things turn bad they just disapear and many are left wondering, "What happened?"

Thanks for the update, best of luck on whats next!!

9. Aiken

Aiken Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Aiken, SC
    JB Hunt, Schneider?!! Is there no better choice? NFI is very good company for example. Jast saying

10. RoadToad69

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    I have decided to hold out for Schneider. I have a friend who drove for them so I am familiar with their perks and benefits and the average miles per week. They actually have really good benefits. A lot of drop/hook as well.

I like the wide range of programs they have - team, Home Run Program 2wks on / 1wk off, regional, dedicated, etc. Makes it easier to find something to fit your individual needs.

RT

123456 and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  11. Prowler

Prowler Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2011
    katy,tx
    Trying to get some drivers info about KLLM on L/P? How are they miles are and have they gone to papperless logs yet? what kind of trucks they are leasing out? how much the fixed coost and truck payment are?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.