KLLM; Back Where I Started

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Ledbetter, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    No problem. Freightshakers are easy to install and remove stereos. I'd just rip theirs out, plug mine in. When going to a yard, just rip mine out, put theirs back in. Nobody has to know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jugg

jugg Light Load Member

lead are youstill in the old century class or have the made ya take one of the new columbias

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    I'm still in a white Century, thank goodness.

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    You must already have the correct wiring harness on your radio to do that (Plug 'n' Play). Double check (when the time comes) because I know that Columbias and Centurys use different ones even for the Factory radios.

The only time you would have to swap radios is when the Truck goes in the shop and 100% of the time you will know that ahead of time. So if it doesn't have to go on the Shop, you wouldn't have to do the "switch a roo".

6. xr7conv

xr7conv Light Load Member

Side question. Do you have a source for conversion wiring harnesses so other stereos will just plug into Freightshaker harness? Have been looking for this.

7. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I got mine from a stereo/window tint/wheel shop in Hemet, CA. The guy said that the Freightshaker connection looked exactly like that of a VW, then went and got a VW connector for my POS Insignia CD/RW/MP3 player and plugged it right in. So, I'd say look for a VW connector. Course, my truck (before it was stolen last week) was a 2002 Century. Not sure what the Columbia connection looks like.

8. LadyTrucker99

LadyTrucker99 Heavy Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Lexington, NC
    I see that most you guys are from texas or further west--does most of KLLM run like this? I like the idea of you being able to run all over. I am on the east coast and just wondering if they run the same on the east. Most places will keep us "east coasters" in the north east and I was just wondering if they did the same. Your posts have been a great wonder though!

9. Inverted3600

Inverted3600 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Cadeville, Louisiana
    did you go with KLLM after getting out of school. If so:
    are you getting miles
    did the recruiters lie to you
    do you have an assigned truck
    would you recommend them for another student driver.

I would sure appreciate your input,
    Steve

10. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

My ex with them right after school in May. He is getting miles, although the first few months were low. Now they vary from 2000-3000 per week. The recruiter didn't lie, but the trainer did. He has an assigned truck. They seem to be a pretty good company for a student.

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I've enjoyed reading this thread, KLLM seems like a good choice for a student driver if you don't mind being out 3 weeks or so at a time. Keep the updates coming!

:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.