KLLM; Back Where I Started

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Ledbetter, Apr 15, 2007.

1. bmegirr

bmegirr Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Ocala FL
    thanx ledbetter for the info.i am an experienced driver and am currently researching KLLM and ur info has been quite valuable...u are doing much much better than i am currently doing....but i have been told by recruiter that the quarterly bonus is being discontinued..this fact is really not that disturbing to me, cuz it means drivers are getting miles, right?...ur miles plus .43 cpm is looking appealing to me...however, i live in ocala FL, do u see any difficulties on getting me home?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. teachmebouttrucking

teachmebouttrucking Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Hi Do you know what KLLMs pet policy is? They sound like a good company but I need to find one that will let me take my dog. She only weighs about 10 lbs.

4. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Sorry, no pets allowed.:biggrin_25513:

5. Ohnoo

Ohnoo Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    CA
    You will probably see fewer and fewer companies allowing pets because of fuel costs with idling.

6. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX

Some how this just seems wrong....

So if there is a pet, some how it cost more? Requires a greater level of care, comfort or expense?????

WOW!! AMAZING!! Lets think about this....

A company would have to raise the quality of life when an animal is involved....

So the human behind the wheel... requires less?? Conditions would have to improve to add an animal.

Its funny.. or maybe Im confused, and missed something along the way.

7. Ohnoo

Ohnoo Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    CA
    When there is a pet in the truck it will have to be idled at times when it other wise would not. Like when the driver is hanging out in a drivers lounge someplace. Idling burns fuel, burning fuel cost money which increases the companies overhead. And lets face in general people are not very responsible in their choices and actions someone will always screw things up for everyone else.

This last summer the company I work for had a company driver take some down time at his girlfriends house. No big deal right? Wrong. He has a cat with him but his girlfriend is allergic to cats. His solution leave the cat in the truck, problem solved right? Wrong. He in turn left the truck idling for the cats comfort. Idling For Three Days 72 hours of wasted fuel and if you don't think that's significant then do a little research on how much fuel a truck burns per hour idling.

Don't get me wrong I far prefer animals to most people. But we drive to make money, the companies we work for are out to make money. And needlessly idling trucks is counter active to that. The more drivers that you have with pets the more needless idling your company will have.

8. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    I have returned and will give an update to this thread in a few days.

I can say that "all rumors can be put to rest". KLLM is now 100% owned by KLLM. The ownership transfer has been completed. We have a new President and the same Chairman of the Board as before. Company is still Private and the Dry Van Division is being closed as of April 18, 2008.

More on this later along with my adventures since Christmas (It was all good).

9. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    Led, You said the Dry Van Division is closing. What does this mean to all of the drivers who drove dry van? Is KLLM going reefer, bulk or what?

10. islandboy_671

islandboy_671 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Bay Area, California
    Howz it LED, I like what im reading here. I myself am going through the process. I just finished applying online. I like the fact that they have orientation in Fontana although im in the Bay Area. The recruiter told me that they have a drop yard in Lathrop. I forgot to ask the recruiter one thing and maybe you can answer this: Am I able to take the truck home or will I have to leave it in Lathrop and find my way home? How does this work?

I thought Id give stevens transport a try but did not like what I was going through with the recruiter there. I can only imagine what else can go wrong working there.

11. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Newbie: All Dry Van Drivers were offered to transfer; about 50% did. Others didn't want to for whatever reason. Company will be 100% Reefer now. Dry Van Trailers will be replaced with Reefer Trailers; which will add about 210 new trailers to the 250 new trailers already on order for a total of 460 new Reefer trailers this year.

Islandboy: If you live within 100miles of a drop yard or a terminal, the Truck and Trailer goes there and you will have to find transportation to and from that yard or terminal. And yes, you will go through Orientation in Fontana. Good folks there and all were and some still are Truck Drivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.