KLLM Driving Academy (Lancaster, TX)

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Teion, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    When you at the hotel they will put you in a room with someone. Once they move you into a dorm you will be by yourself.

Lisa9 and Mitchellpilot909 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mitchellpilot909

Mitchellpilot909 Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Oh ok that's cool. Looking forward to it.

4. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Make sure you have a good attitude. They really serious about that.

Lisa9, G13Tomcat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Mitchellpilot909

Aug 13, 2016
    I've got a lot of truckers in my family, it's something I've always wanted to do. So I'm excited that I can finally do it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes sunshine in your good morning! to the office around you there every day and a well wish for a good night in the afternoon when it's quitting time. Sets you apart from the pimply faced foul mouthed cretin about to be assigned a tractor and sent far away where he cannot infect the office and good drivers.

Eventually you will be chosen to do certain things most people will not get to do and if you do that well, it will evolve into opportunities that might present to you a singular Joy in doing things the right way in trucking.

That is one promise of a new day. On the other hand you can have a stormy day where nothing goes right and you are tempted to go into the forest and tell off a tree rather than unleashing both barrels at a particularly obstinate dispatcher intent on making your continued existence a true living waking hell on earth.

I hate days like that. Just remember this. As much as I hate days like that, the DM's Pen is mighter than the sword that will eventually terminate you once a sufficient number of legal sized paper is filled up by your own words and actions that marks you as a malcontent and a negative costly impact against the entire company's efforts to keep you in protein and cream puff. They never forget the bad days. However minor. Never. It's chisled into stone waiting to accumulate against your last day when they have had enough.

Teion Thanks this.
  7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Well said. Attitude is 90% of success in ALL industries! The "Go-To" is the other ten.

Keep on keeping on!

Mitchellpilot909 Thanks this.
  8. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Day 5 Aug 12.
    On Friday we practice some more on straight line backing. They want us the really have that done. After being outside most of the day we went in to go over log booking and off set backing. Not much else.

Day 6 Aug 13.
    We started the morning off on how to off set back on the range. It was a bit of a challenge. I killed Kenny the cone twice but by mid day I got the hang of it. If you're watching your mirrors you can't go wrong. That's been the main problem with other students just watching one side. Around 4 we went in to discuss what's happening and was assigned a bunch of homework.

I will say some instructors will try to push your buttons. Somethings they were saying was completely out of line, but just bite your tongue until you have your cdl.

Lisa9 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  9. Mitchellpilot909

Aug 13, 2016
    What kind of things were they saying?

Lisa9 Thanks this.
  10. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    One was using stereotypes. I guess he trying to be funny but a lot of us wasn't amused.

11. Mitchellpilot909

Aug 13, 2016
    Ya unfortunately there are ignorant people like that, I've learned to ignore them. Has any of the students given up? I've studied a lot so hopefully the written tests should be pretty easy. Also did most of the students pass the DOT physical? I heard that blood pressure and urine levels is hard for some people to pass.

Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.