KLLM Driving Academy (Lancaster, TX)

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Teion, Aug 10, 2016.

1. GambitRider

GambitRider Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Kwan... Just go otr with KLLM and drive company. Once you upgrade and get your own truck drive for a month at 34cpm and learn how to drive/ back better.. Then call in and ask to be on Lms account or kraft account.. Lms pays 39cpm and kraft pays 50cpm.. You'll make better pay checks than trying to lease.

Kwan23 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kwan23

Kwan23 Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    Thanks your on FFE side or KLLM side

4. Kevin247

Kevin247 Bobtail Member

May 31, 2017
    Sherman, TX
    I walked to Walmart from there after they gave me some money. Probably the biggest mistake I made while at the academy. It was a lot further than I thought.

Kwan23 Thanks this.
  5. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    How u like kllm

6. Kevin247

Kevin247 Bobtail Member

May 31, 2017
    Sherman, TX
    I made top 6. Probably because there were so many of us. Only advantage to that was the trainers didn't focus on you as much anymore because they figure you know what you're doing. But we had to take the advanced driving test for DPS.

7. Kevin247

Kevin247 Bobtail Member

May 31, 2017
    Sherman, TX
    It's a good company to start with for getting into trucking. In my opinion, that is.

Kwan23 Thanks this.
  8. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    Do you get good miles???

9. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    Do you know much about the FFE side??

10. Kevin247

Kevin247 Bobtail Member

May 31, 2017
    Sherman, TX
    Mine froze up all the time for 4 months. Told dm about it. Said take it to a terminal to get it looked at. I was kept mostly in the northeast, so it was a while before finally making it to Jackson, MS. Got there on a Sunday morning and shop tells me the guy that does those works weekdays. I didn't have time to wait for that. Couple week later I'm I shut down for my 10 in Kansas. Got really cold that night. Got up early and tried doing my pre trip, but the QC wouldn't respond to anything and it kept rebooting on its own. I'm not far from my delivery and I've been jacking with the QC for 30 minutes. Then it works long enough to ask me what my eta is. I hate when they ask that. So I end up punching the QC and it shatters the screen. Didn't realize I hit it that hard. I just said, screw and went on to the receivers. Finally got to take it in and it turned out the QC needed to be updated or something.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is a walmart approx some miles south of you on 35.

Get the van. Saves you a bunch of time, especially if you find others to go along.

The van we had in my time had a nice engine in it. It needed to be nice with 15 souls packed into it. And all of them bringing back a hundred more pounds of food and stuff each...

Kevin247 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.