KLLM Drop yard in NC??

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by DA Conklin, Aug 1, 2010.

1. DA Conklin

DA Conklin Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Stanley, NC
    Considering KLLM to start my driving career. Is there a drop yard near Charlotte, NC? Or would I have to drive 4 hours to Atlanta area to go to my truck?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DA Conklin

DA Conklin Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Stanley, NC
    Nevermind, talked to recruiter today. Atlanta terminal is closest to home.

4. dieselUSMC

dieselUSMC Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    NC
    Where did you get your CDL?? I am also near Charlotte.

5. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Rocky Mt, NC
    DA...they let you take the truck home for home time and such

6. MD STEELERS FAN

MD STEELERS FAN Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Perryman Md
    MrKennedy do you drive for KLLM?

7. MrKennedy

Jul 9, 2009
    Rocky Mt, NC
    yup...been there since last year...whats up?

MD STEELERS FAN Thanks this.
  8. MD STEELERS FAN

Jun 18, 2010
    Perryman Md
    How do you like it? They are one of the companies I'm looking at when school is over.

9. MrKennedy

Jul 9, 2009
    Rocky Mt, NC
    I'm actually looking to leave [just because I have a year in and want a job with a little more hometime/pay per mile (they froze pay awhile back because the economy was down and haven't unfroze so no raise for me)] but honestly I can't say too much bad about being a company driver over there. I went with them right out of school, too, and think it's a good company for people just coming out. I kind of got caught up in the doom/gloom when they announced all their cuts earlier this year, but they seem to be holding up just fine. My low end for miles within this last year was an 1800 mile week and my high end was 4100. They've done their best to get me home on time (sometimes they fail, miserably, but on the most part I'm home when i ask), all of my dispatchers have been cool dudes (and not 100% of them are), and they've kept me in pretty decent equipment (for a freightshaker...). They seem to like to keep me in PA, which I hate...

There are sometimes payroll glitches, but they work to get them fixed. The yards are a ghost to me [which can be very bad if you need things like log books (which we can only get one of at a time now)] Honestly, I think it's a great company for you to go to after your school. Even if you only hang around for a year to get your experience.

MD STEELERS FAN Thanks this.
  10. MD STEELERS FAN

Jun 18, 2010
    Perryman Md
    Hey thanks. Its so hard to pick a company with all of them having a bad rap. I've seen alot of cascadias now is that what there going with?

11. sookie

sookie Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    MrKennedy....you should check out Con-way Truckload....We left KLLM and are now with Con-way and are loving it. Send me a message if you want more info.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.